Chapter 12

I woke up to Dick laying beside me, naked as well. He opened his eyes as I looked at him, and smirked.

"I've gotta go make it back to my house." I whispered to him.

"Let me drive you to work." He offered me. "I'm fine now, it's a new day, I've got my act together.

"I need to change my clothes, take a shower, get cleaned up..." I listed and he groaned, kissing my lips. His hand moved to the curve of my back as we laid there.

"I'll take you back to your house, and I'll wait outside until you're ready." He grinned.

"And what are the girls going to say when they see you?" I rose a brow at him as we laid there with each other.

"You mean what is Susan going to say. Because she's the only one who would care." He chucked. "To hell with her."

He began kissing my neck, his head swayed as he left wet kisses down to my collar bone.

"Susan will pop me in her mouth, chew me up then spit me out." I sighed while looking at the ceiling. Dick was at my breasts, and sucked on one.

"Well, if she has something to say she can talk directly to me." He mumbled, moving to the other breast.

"What is your obsession with them?" I asked as I looked down at him.

"With your house?" He asked in a high voice.

"No, with my breasts. You never leave then alone." I noted and he laughed, cupping his hand on one of them.

"They're beautiful." He mumbled as he took my nipple in his mouth. "Gorgeous."

__

Dick's car was parked behind me as I walked inside of my house. The door freaked loudly as I opened it, alerting the watchdog named Susan. She descended the steps in the foyer, and looked me up and down.

"Yesterday's clothes, undone hair, you were out with someone." She said walking toward me. "Who?"

"That's my business." I held my head up high. Her eyes squinted as she peered behind me, then pushed me out of the way to take a look out the front door.

"Is that Richard?" Susan said in a horrified voice. "That's who you were with?"

"And what about it?" I asked with a hand on my hip.

"I will not be associated with girls who have barely been at the office for a full month and can't keep their draws on!" Susan shouted.

"Their draws? What year is it, 1940?" I asked her. "Dick is a friend of mine now. I stayed out late with him. That's my business not yours."

"Well I'll have you know something." Susan spat back. "Dick and I were once a pair."

"A pair." I repeated back to her. "What do you mean by that?"

"Meaning he was once courting me. He was my steady! And now look... he's with some negroid." Susan said. I stepped toward her, as if I was going to slap her. I couldn't believe Dick would ever be with a girl like Susan.

But then again, that'd probably be the type of girl his parents preferred.

But then something stopped me. I looked at the smirk on Susan's face, and realized that's what she wanted. She wanted me to act out in some way in order to lose my job.

"I'll remind you once again, we have a curfew. And we do not allow men in our house after that curfew, nor do we allow them upstairs." Susan said with an annoyingly sweet voice. "Understood?"

I scowled at her.

"You should shower. You smell like you've had quite the exercise." She said quietly. I slowly walked away, and it took everything in my power not to tackle her. She still wore that dumb smile as I looked back at her, then made my way upstairs.

By the time I finished getting ready, all of the other girls left the house for work. I ran downstairs to meet Dick, who slept in the front seat of the car.

He woke up as I opened the passenger door.

"Falling asleep already? You haven't even gotten to work yet." I smiled as I scooted to the middle seat in order to be near him.

"Well, I had a very active night last night." Dick smirked and I laughed. "By the way... did uh... did Susan see me?"

"Yes, she did." I said with a straight face.

"And... what did she say?" Dick asked in a husky voice. One hand was on the wheel and the other was in my lap. I cupped his hand that sat in my lap with both of mine.

"She didn't say much." I lied. Dick smiled at me.

"Great." He said as he took my hand. "By the way, I wanted to talk about our appearance to other people. I think it's best we keep what we have now under wraps."

Ouch. That hurt.

"Yeah, of course. Colleagues aren't really supposed to be dating anyway." I tried to coverup my hurt, but I feared if he looked into my eyes he would see it. I was lucky that he was busy driving the car.

"Great, so we both understand each other." Dick nodded as he squeezed one of my hands. Then, he squeezed my knee.

When we got to our job, he and I walked in next to each other, but didn't look at each other as we entered the office.

He went to his desk and I went to mine as if nothing had ever happened. I did my work, looked through files, organized things, read over information about Jackie's restoration.

I need to call that architect about the restoration of the walls in the—

My thoughts were interrupted by the phone ringing. I stared at the phone, wondering who exactly it would be.

By the third ring, I knew I had to answer. I picked up, and it was silent on the other end.

"Hello?" I asked quietly into the receiver.

"Clover." The President's deep voice said into the phone. "I need you in my office right now."

"What office?" I asked quietly with furrowed eyebrows.

"You know the one." He answered, then hung up. My heart sunk, I was going to be in the Oval Office.