Chapter 10

Dick leaned toward me, and kissed my lips. He softly kissed them with his eyes shut, then his hand moved to my knee. It's true, he was sexy. His eyes were gorgeous, his hair was always perfectly styled and his suits always fit him correctly.

But I knew exactly what he was doing, and why he was so inclined to speak to me.

I grabbed his hand, and stopped him. He stopped kissing me, and looked into my eyes.

"If you're not okay with this it's fine, I'll take you home." He said quietly.

"It's not that, it's just that I don't want to be your experience. I feel as though the only reason you're attracted to me is because of your crush on your own nanny." I rose a brow at him. He laughed.

"It's true, I have a crush on my au pair." He told me. "But I always had a taste for negro women. I've just never been given the chance."

"Well if you want to get to know a negro woman, get to know me. But this isn't how you impress me on the first date." I told him.

"This is a date?" He asked with risen eyebrows.

"Should it be a date?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Yeah, it's a date. Sure." He said. Then he slid in front for he steering wheel and turned the key in the ignition. The car buzzed until it turned off.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"If this is our first date, it can't be spent in the front seat of my car. I know a place not too far from here, I'd love to show to you." He said as he pulled the key out the ignition.

We walked down the silent street, and under every streetlight. Finally, we got to a building and he opened the door for me as I entered it.

"It's a pretty cool club." He told me as we entered the dark room. Multiple round tables filled the room in front of a smile stage. A cover band sang hits from the past and present.

Only you can make all this world seem right
Only you can make the darkness bright

"I love the Platters." I smiled as we took a seat together. The waitress came over with a black tray.

"Can I get you guys any drinks?" She asked. He looked to me, and I shook my head no.

"Alright, I'll pass on a drink as well." He told her, and with a nod the waitress walked away. Dick leaned closer to me. "So, you like the Platters, huh?"

Only you and you alone can thrill me like you do
And fill my heart with love for only you

"Yeah, their songs are so romantic." I smiled as I rested my chin in the palm of my hand. "Is Dick short for Richard?"

"It is." He nodded.

"Then why not have your name by Rich or Ricky?" I giggled and he shook his head with a smile.

"Why? Is the name Dick too phallic for you?" He asked with a chuckle and I laughed.

Oh, oh, only you...

"So tell me about you and your brother. Besides your alluring au pair." I smiled.

"Well, my father laid out exactly what he wanted his sons to be like. My older brother, the first born, was told that he to be a business man." Dick said as he placed his hand on the table. His expensive watch flickered under the dim lights.

"And what about you? Did you have a plan set out for you?" I asked and his face suddenly got very sad.

"I was set out to be a politician. Therefore both of their sons could be boasted about. Wealth and power would be in the family." Dick gushed on. He began getting emotional as he spoke about it. "Damn it, he wants me to be president one day."