IX · Break Free

IX · Break Free

I could not write another line,
but here goes my heart,
when it bleeds,
I write again.

March 16 2019

Angie got up to pace, hoping it would warm her up a little for her run, her mobile bleeped in her pocket, alerting her to yet another text. Pulling it out, she saw the message, like all the others, was from Meghan, but this one had several exclamation points before the words began. Ignoring all the others left unopened, Angie slid her finger over this one, bringing the words top the screen.

'Eric is looking all over for you. What do you want me to tell him?'

She clicked the next message from Madeleine.

'He misses you, he wants you to call him.'

She went to their group chat which included herself, Beatrice, Eugenie, Kate, Meghan, Madeleine, Victoria, Zara, Autumn and Sofia.

'Bloody hell the man is a mess without Angie.' -Kate

'I don't understand why they both wont admit they love each other.' -Sofia

'Love is not an easy thing.' -Madeleine

'Angie just call him, he's been coming over to your apartment every other week now.' -Meghan

'He loves you and you love him, just tell him.' -Zara

'Angie, please come home and fix this.' -Beatrice

'Why do you want to continue to hurt yourself?' -Autumn

'Hes gone crazy!' -Victoria

'Angie, we're here for you but this has to end it's not good for the both of you.' -Eugenie

Tears sprang to Angie's eyes, blurring the words, and a huge part of her wanted to turn around and return to London or Sweden but then common sense took over. Her inner voice was firm and matter-of-fact when it told him, 'Don't be stupid, he's not looking for you because he wants you, he just expects you to be there as his best friend.'

As she finally lifted her phone to return the text, several fat tears plopped onto the screen, making Angie brush angrily at her eyes. When she lowered her hand she was shocked beyond belief to find King Carl XVI Gustaf name pop up on the screen.

"Your Majesty!" Angie immediately answered the phone. "Why are you calling me?" She asked.

He lowered his voice and said, "You're supposed to be here, Angie." Carl XVI Gustaf said as though it were a secret.

Angie had the grace to blush. "Ah... yes... yes, Your Majesty," she stammered. "Yes, I'm sorry... but I... I just can't."

"I know you're in love with my son, Angie. I think the whole world knows." Carl XVI Gustaf said.

Angie's blush deepened; she had no idea anyone but their group of friends were aware of that fact, let alone the King of Sweden. "Yes, I'm sorry," she apologised again. "I assure you that wasn't intentional." She said.

"Well then, I am confused," Carl XVI Gustaf frowned. "Why haven't you told him?" He asked.

Angie was slightly taken aback. "He proposed to Miranda." She answered.