Chapter 1: Life in the woods

Hey guysssss :) this is my first book on wattpad ( I doubt anyone's actually reading this but if you are thankkk chu) I'm new to all this so please leave me some feed back in the comments I love you and thank you sooooo much for reading enjoy my loves<3 -A

==========================

Sierra's Pov

"Why you only need the night when it's burning low? Only miss the sun when it starts to snow"

I swayed a bit back and forth as I softy sang the lyrics to my favorite song

"Only know you love her when you let her go. And you let her go"

I continue to sing admiring the beautiful forest surrounding me as I drove the gravel road in complete solitude. Passing countless trees, cloaked in a light blanket of fog, all covered in rain drops. Judging by the clouds I could expect more rain on this Christmas Eve day. It was days like this that really made me appreciate getting to live in Oregon. I stop singing only to notice the road that I would usually make a left on to go to my old high school, good ole' Evergreen High.

I had some kickass times in there but it feels good knowing that all my days of homework, teachers and two faced lying idiots were behind me. Let's just say I didn't graduate on the best terms. I may or may not have slapped a girl in the middle of graduation ceremony. She had it coming though, She had started a rumor that I was pregnant, I had never even met her and she hated me all because she thought I wanted to "steal what was hers". Her boyfriend had been assigned to work on a science project with me, and she thought I was flirting with him. She didn't believe me after I explained multiple times that I would never in a million years like her boyfriend that smelled like corn chips. Anyways I think it's safe to say that's the worst thing I've ever done but other than that high school wasn't that bad.

Even though it had only been about eight months it was safe to say these past months had been the best time of my life. Most kids my age right now were stressing about their college classes and careers, but nope not me I didn't have to worry about any of that.

I guess you could say the day I was born to the alpha of the Evergreen pack my future and career were pretty much set. I was to eventually become the luna to my own pack of werewolves. It's safe to say I have a pretty bright future, but it would never be completed until I find my one true love, and the only person that could be is my mate. Sure I had a few boyfriends in school but none of them ever really lasted and that's because none of them were meant to last. And the fact that most of them were immature assholes that were just trying to get in my pants.

The only guy out there for me is my mate and I'm kinda excited to find him. It had been two weeks since my 17th birthday, which means I was finally old enough to find my mate. Even though I was thrilled at the possibility of finding him I knew that couldn't be my main focus. Even though I don't have to worry about school, I'm still busy with the countless lessons and classes that will train me to be the best luna I can be. In many ways I was kind of dreading being a luna.

I was excited to be a in charge and all but my pack and I just didn't have a lot in common. My pack was small with only about 100 members and the majority of them were uptight and difficult and very, very old. I loved them to death but we didn't see eye to eye on any thing. Life with in our pack was kinda boring, their idea of a fun time were boring dinner parties that lasted two hours tops. Basically anything that was actually fun was either too dangerous or too wild. That just wasn't my personality, I liked having fun and really living life to the fullest. But if this is what the moon goddess wanted for me than I guess I don't really have a choice. I gotta work with what I got.

As I drove down the road I turned a corner and was greeted by rows of ivory houses, all looking identical. In each one of those houses were families that were members of our pack. When my dad decided to relocate our pack he wanted us to be as close to each other as possible. The real estate agent must have thought we were crazy when we said we wanted to build 20 identical houses out here in the middle of nowhere. But years later here we are in our own little werewolf paradise. With complete privacy and miles of forest to run in till' our hearts content right in our backyard, this was an amazing place to live. Not to mention my favorite kind of weather every day. Being raised in Oregon my whole life, I learned to love rainy and cloudy days as well as the beautiful mist that was always present in the forest.

I stepped out of my convertible, cream BMW (possibly the best 17th birthday gift ever) and on to the steep drive way of our house. Being the alpha family our house was a bit more luxurious than the other houses. I looked up at our three story pearly-white house, completed with marble columns as well as a grand marble entrance, not to mention it was surrounded by beautiful pine trees. I smiled as I admired it looking even more magnificent with soft, glowing Christmas lights illuminating the whole house.

==========================

So how is it so far, I promise I will get much more exciting and better quickly pinky swear! I love you guys thank you so muchhhh <3-A