~nine~

okay so ive decided to start dedicating chapters to some of my favorite accounts because im basic. so this chapter is dedicated to marina aka michaelsvans bc i love her and her stories get me all fbkgfbiga fnkl ya feel? ya but marina if youre reading this youre rad and ily

~

Lyric's P.O.V:

A couple weeks had passed since that night on the playground. Nothing much really changed between Ash and I. We still hung out as friends when we could and it wasn't awkward. We hadn't kissed again since, but we were both okay with it because I was still trying to take everything slow.

I walked into the cafeteria with River one day and headed for our usual table. She stopped me, "Wait, Lyric?"

I turned around, confused, "What?"

She bit her lip and looked down at her feet, "I was actually wondering if.. If maybe we could possibly.. I mean maybe we could.."

I rolled my eyes, "Just ask me."

She finally looked back up at me, "Can we pretty pretty please sit with Luke and the guys today?"

"No. Absolutely not."

"C'mon, please? You don't even have to talk to Michael or Calum or Luke you can just sit by Ashton and talk to him. Just, please? For me?" She gave me a pleading look.

I tried to be stubborn, but I couldn't. She was my best friend. I groaned, "Fine. Let's just get this over with."

She grinned and then started towards their table, with me following reluctantly behind her. When we got over there, Ashton was doing something on his phone while the other three were talking about god knows what.

Luke saw us and smiled widely at River, "Oh, hi."

River blushed lightly, "Hey."

Luke quickly montioned for Calum and Michael to move over so River could sit across from him. She took a seat and I stayed standing awkwardly.

Ashton finally looked up from his phone, and his face lit up when he noticed I was there. I smiled back at him and he moved away from the others a little bit. I sat down across from him, "So, this is weird for me."

He shrugged, "It won't be if you just pretend that we're the only two people sitting here. I mean, it's not like we haven't eaten together before."

I nodded, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

I looked over and saw River and Luke giving each other wide smiles every other second. I rolled my eyes, "My god. They act like they're never going to see each other again after this."

Ashton cringed as well, "Thank god we'll never be like them."

I raised an eyebrow at him and then lightly kicked him under the table, "Shut up. We're not even dating."

"Ow. And they aren't either, as far as I know."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Oh, wow, I didn't even realize but they haven't actually made anything official yet have they?"

"Nope." He shook his head.

"Well, they might as well just do it already," I laughed lightly, "Anyway, what're you doing after school?"

"Nothing as of right now. Why?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I mean, would you want to come over and hang out or something?"

He smiled, "Yeah, sure. We haven't hung out in a little while."

"I know, I think I'm almost starting to miss you." I smirked.