Race

"Hello," I answered the phone.

"Hey," Nicole's voice beamed from the other side, "Remember Alec and Steven from high school?"

"Yeah, the two guys that always brought the stuff to the parties and were always in trouble," I smiled remembering all the great times.

"Well they're having a party tonight, and they're racing illegally. Steven called and asked if we wanted to come," she said excitedly.

"I don't know Nico-"

"Come on Sav, it'll be fun. Eric and Chris will come with. We all need a break and this party is it." She said convincing me.

"Fine, fine we'll go," I said.

"Yayyy! Meet us there at 8, love you bye." She said before hanging up.

I found Eric in living room watching tv and eating chips.

"Wanna go to a party tonight?" I asked taking a seat next to him.

He pulled me on top of him, "Are you going to be there?"

I nodded while giggling at his cheesy line. He kissed my forehead, "Then of course I want to go."

I giggled and rolled off of him.
I took a couple of chips and went to pick out what I was going to wear.

I picked out a flowy black cardigan with a floral bando and a light pair of ripped up high waisted jean shorts. I set it out on the bed and jumped in the shower. When I got out I did my makeup as my hair dried. I wore my clothes and straightened my hair.

Eric was already dressed because he had showered in the morning. He was wearing khaki pants with a Polo T-shirt. It was already 7:30 so we decided to head out.

Eric drove as I read him the directions. We pulled up to the parking lot and you could already hear the music even from inside of the car.

We got out of the car and walked to the entrance to meet up with Nicole and Chris.

The bouncer looked at our faces, "No way Savannah and Nicole," he said in a stoned tone. "Hey Charlie," Nicole and I laughed.

"Go ahead," he opened the gate and let the four of us in.

Steven ran up to us. "What's up guys," he asked and you could tell he was shit faced.

"Steven maybe it's not a good idea to race when your drunk," Nicole said.

"Don't worry about it babe," he slurred before he went back to his friends.

Once the races began Steven jumped in one monster truck and Alec jumped in another.

The girl in the front raised the flags and they started racing. It didn't last long. Alec was in the lead and Steven close behind him.

Alec made it back first and then Steven did. Steven opened the door to get out and he puked.

"Do y'all want a beer?" I asked. They all said no so I went to get one for myself. I watched a girl take a beer from the cooler and hit it against the side. The top came right off.

I grabbed one and did the same, except mine didn't open.

"Let me help you with that," I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to see Chad.

Chad was my boyfriend all during high school. He was captain of the football team. He was tall, muscular, and really hot. Every girl was jealous of me.

I broke up with him at the graduation ceremony. After that people told me he went crazy, became a total badass and didn't care about anything.

As he took the beer out of my hand he pulled me out of my thoughts.