Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Guys."

"So, I was thinking a little bit of the golden shade at the arch of your eyebrow, it gives kind of a sophisticated look and it pops out the color in your eyes -"

"Guys."

"-as for the lipstick, you had the coral shade one, yes? Use that one, it will do magic on your skin tone!"

"Guys!"

"Should I use blush or just leave it without any?" Kathie asked, her eyes portrating a look of eagerness and excitement. With the school dance coming up soon, Alex had been the most popular guy in our school right now - his immaculate knowledge for make-up trends is truly remarkable.

But right now, I need to tell them about Cole. Ten days had passed since our encounter and he had been even more distant. Those ten days went completely ordinary and uneventful. Aside of some small pranks on teachers and students, I was mostly hanging out with my group or Craig.

Craig.

I pursed my lips at the name. After the almost-kiss we shared in the car, we've been slightly awkward with eachother. It was annoying how he every single day picked me up from home for school and then at the weekends he would pick me up at the evening to go somewhere.

Nope. I am not classyfying them as dates because I know that they aren't. First of all, I don't consider Craig to be nearly as close as a friend. Second of all, I only go out with him because we are usually hanging out with his sister, Anna, who is admittedly a cool person to be around with.

If you exclude the fashion talking every ten minutes or so.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Alex called my name looking at me with raised brows.

"Alana," He said, still looking at me. "You spaced out. You were calling us for something?"

"Right..." I murmured, remembering the thing about Cole. "Well, guys, I don't think Cole's the person we think he is."

Alex gasped and looked at me excitedly. "You caught him watching porn, didn't you?"

"What? No-"

"Oh my god, you caught him watching gay porn?! I knew it! I knew that he was gay!" Alex jumped from his seat on my balcony and did a terribly excessive happy dance.

"Alex, Cole's not gay. I mean, I think he's not gay." I rushed out with my explanation.

Alex stopped dancing and looked at me, frowning. "You didn't catch him watching gay porn?"

"No. Fortunately." I mumbled the last part.

"Oh." He frowned even more, disappointment visible on his face.

"So," Kathie resumed. "What did you mean by "Cole's not the person we know" or something like that?"

"We all know my... incident with drugs last year right?" I asked, forcing the words out of my mouth. I saw Kathie and Alex stiffen, nodding firmly.

"We remember Gabe too." Kathie whispered, it was almost unaudible, but I heard it and it sent a lump in my throat.

"Well, Cole's kinda the most wanted person, dead or alive, in my previous gang."

Silence.

I could feel Kathie and Alex's brething slow down to a minimum. They were looking at me with wide eyes and 'what the hell are you talking about' look on their face.

"You're kidding right?" Kathie asked, a look of disbelief crossing her face. Alex was still frozen and looking at me like I grew a second head.

I winced and sighed. "I wish."