Pranks

I've always loved nature.

The distinctive smell of rain reminded me of those childhood afternoons were I found myself playing with Dad. He'd always been the playful one. Mom, on the other hand, was more like the craftsy one. I smiled absentmindedly at the memories as my legs started to cramp from the uncomfortable position they were bent.

As I said, I always loved nature. Just not for the moment being.

My legs were cramping and I could swear that a few bugs were running on both legs since I distinctively felt something bite me a minute ago. Silently huffing, I swatted away a few branches off my face.

"The subject has left the premise" My best-friend's voice sounded clipped through the walkie-talkie.

Finally.

A car passed beside my hidden spot as I let out a breath completely relieved. As the car disappeared on the other side of the street, I stood up. Valerie moved her hands excessively gesturing me to come closer to the house. I rolled my eyes at her lack of discretion.

We had, after all, hidden for forty minutes.

What if he forgot something and returned home?

Slightly panicked, I turned around to found the street completely deserted. A satisfied grin played in my lips as I reached Val. She had definitely stepped in character. She was dressed in black from top to bottom. Her usually untamed curls were now clasped tightly in a small bun. Her hazel eyes watched me excitedly as I reached her.

"Did you bring everything?" she whispered looking at both sides.

"Of course" I lifted the plastic bag on my right hand.

"Can you believe that he's going on a date?" she narrowed her eyes at the empty spot the car left before walking towards the back door of the house.

Frowning, I followed her. "I thought we hated him?"

"We do." She said matter-of-factly. "I mean, who'd want to go out with Peter Hemmings, anyway?" My steps faltered at her almost angry tone. "I just heard him calling someone on the phone to tell them that he'd pick them up in ten minutes."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Val?" I blurted out as we both reached the back door and stared at the lock.

"Absolutely," she said determined. "He's been making my life hell for the last four months. It's payback time." She nodded convinced.

"Okay," I voiced warily. Pulling out an old credit card, I slid the long end in between the door frame and the locking side of the door. Pulling it firmly towards me while turning the handle, the door unlocked. I left out a breath that I hadn't realized that I was holding.

"Wow," My best-friend eyed me in awe. "How on earth did you learn that?"

"I googled it," I smiled sheepishly.

"Seriously?" She shook her head. "I'm so changing my lock tomorrow..."

"Yeah well and Peter here wasn't very bright by leaving his backdoor unlocked," I added as we entered my best-friend's tormentor house.

We were both Physics and Astronomy students at Cambridge University and Peter Hemmings was one our course's teacher assistant. Personally, I didn't hold any grudges against him. He'd been nice to me the times that we'd talked but he had in fact kind of harassed Val. He used to make her repeat her essays and make her work double than any other student. She hated him. Hence, I hated him.

And now that the semester was finished, after double checking that we wouldn't cross paths with him anytime soon, we decided to play him a few innocent pranks since Valerie wanted revenge.

His house was pretty small and quite well kept for a bachelor. It was a one story house so it didn't took us long to find his room and therefore, his bathroom.

That was prank number one. To put clingy plastic over his toilette bowl. Since this whole ordeal had been Val's idea, I gave her the latex gloves and let her get to it while I applied red lipstick. She was obviously disgusted, yet she managed to do it flawlessly.

For prank number two, I walked to his small kitchen and opened the cabinets in search for glasses or mugs. A minute later, I found them and I brought, each one to my lips, reapplying lipstick from time to time, to leave them all with red lipstick marks.

Finally, after leaving everything on their same place, Valerie took out two butter sticks. Both on our knees, we worked silently while we spread it on the floor. Val snickered from time to time, making me smile, but we didn't make any other noise. It was as if we knew that even the slightest noise could make the neighbors suspicious or something.

The room wasn't large yet it took us quite some time to finish. Looking at our finished masterpiece, we both gazed at each other and smiled confidently.

That is until the police tumbled in.

Literally.

This is a teaser guys!

 It's so different from Prince with Benefits but I really hope that you like it and follow their daughter, Princess Marianne in this new quest :)

Vote and comment!!!

PS: A shout out to Sofía Contreras who made the amazingly beautiful cover!