Chapter 4: This is all strange

(Ruth's POV)

'Trapper... Trapper is actually a distinct mystery, i can't read his character at all. I see their clothing and i can only assume he is a nobleman's child yet he seems to only deny that and say he's just like me, if that was true why go through the lengths to wear such extravagant clothes?...

a maid's child, now that's just a joke he's saying to trick me, i'll keep an eye on you yet Trapper.'

"Hey are you okay, you been starring at me for a few moments now without saying anything, something on your mind?" Trapper had said whilst stretching his arms over his shoulders, tilting his leg into a position letting out a yawn"

I only looked at him with a baffled look before moving my hand towards my chin. 'However he could be telling the truth, i mean looking at him again i can see he has no manners at all and he's not giving showing any consideration for his appearance so far, i mean right now he just looks chill and off guard. So there is a possibility that he could just be telling me the truth.'

I retrace my gaze from the start of his shoes to his facial view.

"Yeah, i'm alright. Well because it's still early and the streets are still silent you should help me deliver water from the well to take home to my mother, right now she's still sick so I've taken her chore list to help out until she's recovered."

What was said before i paced towards the well, picking up a bucket attached to rope before tossing it into the dark abyss below.

"She sick and your helping her, wow your actually such a kind and considerate kid huh?" He said while he revealed a small smile, before trying to lend a hand. "Well i'll help you out as much as i can, also i would like to ask for a request."

'A nobleman's child would always ask for the impossible for a poorly paid family, maybe you are just like the other's I've came a cross-'

"Hey your out of thought again, come on it's important... You see i ran after you when i saw the kids chasing ya, all i need is help finding my way home after when we help you deliver the water home of course, also if you wouldn't mind maybe i can give advice in helping your mum get better?" Trapper said as he attempted to pull on the rope attached to the bucket below the well, yet was showing disappointing results.

I scratched my head before looking down hiding my  surprised face before looking up slowly.

"You have no strength at all, i can already tell i'll be the one doing all the work, and advice... what kind of advice?" I say while slightly muttering it out.

Trapper spoke again while slightly being pouty.

"So that you know, I was strong but now my body is just scrawny and..." Trapper slightly did a dramatic sniff.

"Someone who i didn't use to be," Trapper had said while he placed his foot onto the brick wall of the well using all of the strength he had. "I don't know what advice to give you yet seeing as i don't know your mother's symptoms at all, so you'll have to accept that for now.

Anyway you didn't reply to my reques-"

"Sure I'll help you return home, but first you help me to the end and you must help my mother as much as you can." I said sternly, if it's anything to help my only mother i will do anything, but i must stay on guard for he might be tricking me.

Trapper had finally manage to have pulled the bucket of water out of the well and struggle to hold it while looking towards me.

"I already said i would help, now help me carry this my arms feel like they're going to fall off," Trapper in front of me had paused and looked to my missing arm.

"Sorry i didn't mean it like that..." He said in a sad tone.

I, however, had grab the bucket off of him and steadily held on to the bucket not phased by the weight at all. 

" You know i don't really care, to be honest you're really strange just like how today has been weird, anyway let's be off as we have a way to go."

Trapper only look at me for a moment before we started walking, and i must state, he's annoyingly talkative.

End of chapter 4.