Chapter 3: A new identity

"You can call me..." 'ah no wait a second' Victoria halted, Victoria then extended her arm toward's her chin looking to be in deep thought. Which gave time for Ruth to get up and pat the powdery mud off himself with one hand,  then silently looked back at the boy standing in front of him, before sighing loudly,  but was then caught off guard.

"The names Trapper!" Victoria exclaimed while revealing a cheeky smirk.

"Trapper? That's a name?" Ruth said in an unimpressive tone highly doubting what this boy had said. "Hey no need to make that face at least my name isn't Roof..." "Ruth"he said corrected him yet again.

However Victoria carried on with herself proclaimed  name "Trapper's just a name to indicate I'm a trap nothing more nothing less right?"

"What's a trap?" Ruth said in what seemed to be a voice of curiosity. "I tell you when you start to act more friendly and not shooting gazes at me that want to kill"'I'm sorry Ruth but I'm never going to tell you,  so far I'm only building our trust...'.

"I can't, your clearly a noble. If I was spotted talking to you I might as well lose my other arm..." his tone had a mixture being upset yet angry at the same time.

"Other arm?" Victoria tilted her slightly to left, only to see a knotted up sleeve, seeing this only made her walked up closer now touching his now leftover arm. This made Ruth jolt,  getting his right arm just around closing in to push Victoria out of the way. But was then slapped away like it was nothing "Don't worry, I'm not a noble if that's was your panicking about, I'm just a maid's child so I'm also below the nobles. Now answer me truthfully, what it the boys from earlier who did this in the past perhaps?"

Ruth couldn't answer him,  instead he was feeling scared the atmosphere earlier completely vanished leaving something heavy. This made Ruth's hair stand and made him try to  grasp for air. However in just a moment which probably felt like a century to Ruth, was given a light pat on the back,  reassuring him.

"Oi, calm down and take deep breaths,  your going to be fine" Victoria said this in a calm voice with a relaxed facial expression,  but on the inside she was fighting her own challenge  'Sh*t I gave him a panic attack! I didn't mean to do it! And with a new friend as well what do i do!?'

"I'm fine now... can you just get away from me Trapper" he said still trying to get his breath back.  Victoria did as she was told,  even taking steps to distance herself from him.

It was quiet for they don't know how long,  until Ruth open his mouth again  "listen I need to get going and get water for my mother, she's not been feeling very well" he said saddened,  before wondering towards the well and simply pushed the bucket to fall inside of course it was attached to rope making easy for him to pull it out but time exhausting.

"Oh then can i help?" Victoria said "You can also show me around  while I help you out" he only stared for a moment before looking away making sure to hide his face "Sure... Trapper"

The end of chapter 3

A/N

Hello again~
please leave a comment on what you thought of the chapter,  or what I can do to simply improve.

Words 612

☆Question of the day☆

What is your favorite color?
A: My favorite color is all the shades of the colour blue xD