In Love with Luke, Chapter 20

Make sure to play the music before you start reading!

________________________________________

LUKES P.O.V.

I didn’t know what the news would be but I knew I was scared.

Dr Betts finally continued.

“Because Delilah was one of the worst injured patients, she is in a very severe coma. We don’t know whether she will survive it. Right now we don’t know what her chances of living are. We know she is pregnant, the baby is still alive. We have been keeping close control with the baby, and will make sure the baby stays healthy.”

My head was in my hands. What if Delilah never made it. What If I will never see her smile again, never hear her voice, never hear her laugh.

Everything just hit me.

“I am sorry Mr Brooks. But at this point in time we don’t know when Delilah will recover, it could be 1 day, 3 weeks, 7 months, or maybe even years. You have a choice if you think it is right to turn of life support”

I shook my head. “No No, that will never happen. I know I will see my Delilah again, I know I will see her smile again.” I reassured myself.

Dr Betts, nodded. “Would you like to visit her?”

I nodded, and followed him down the hall and into one of the hospital rooms.

I ran to her side. And held her hand.

There she was. Perfect. Laying there.

I just told myself she was in a deep sleep and would wake up soon.

I decided to stay with her for the tonight, I wanted to be there when she woke up… that’s if she woke up.

~1 week later~

The school bell rung, and I rushed at of class in search for Beau.

He was there as per usual, on time, waiting for me, I jumped in and we made our way to the hospital.

We walked into the doors, the doctors knew me by now, they would greet me by my first name as I walked in and directed me to Delilahs room. I vistited her everyday after school. I walked into the room. She looked the same. But she still looked perfect.

~5 hours later~

It was getting late, but I was used to it. I went on tumblr, twitter and Facebook. The fans were being so nice to Delilah, there were appreciation posts all over the Social Networking sites. It made me smile to know the fans were so supportive of me and her.

The clock ticked 11pm, and so I made my way to the window where the doctors had set up a spare bed for me on nights that I stayed. I stayed quite regulary, Beau would drop of my uniform in the morning. It was hard to even go to sleep, in case she woke up and I wasn’t there. Her Mum visited regularly as well.

I finally shut my eyes, praying that Delilah would wake up soon.

~7 months later~

Delilah was still in the hospital, still in the same condition. It didn’t stop me from visiting her most afternoons though. I prayed everyday for her to wake up. The doctors were always edgy when I came, but Dr Betts informed that she could wake up any day now or that it could still be a long time before she woke up. I still had hope, I was never going to give up on Delilah.

It was a Monday morning, when I got the call, a day where I didn’t sleep at the hospital. The phone ringed around the house, and I immediately got up. I answered it and it was the Doctors. My heart started pounding. By the sound of the doctors voice they sounded panicked.

Dr Betts spoke, “Luke is that you? You need to come to the hospital now”

_______________________________________________________________

Hope you guys are enjoying the story! Leave some comments below with your opinions!

65 votes on this chapter and the new chapter will be uploaded! Get voting! xxx Hope you enjoyed