chapter 5: Marcus

After Benjamin and Jennifer woke up from their snugglefest we walked into town to get some new clothing. "where are we going to go?" blake wondered aloud, "i suspect they dont see time travelers on a daily basis." As he said this we got a bunch of weird looks. I never understood why in movies they  would talk about an evil scheme in the middle of town and yet no one seemed to care, this shows that people would care. "Umm well we could go to that target over there?" suggested alyssa, "Target sounds good," replied nick, "then its settled," i said, "lets go shopping."

      "Well," said blake, "target has changed!" Blake was right, the exterior looked about the same but the inside was crazy! There were robots hovering everywhere and the service desks were manned by robots, heck, the entire place was run by robots! The robots had cone shaped torsos with a metal sphere at the bottom, (no doubt an anti grav pod, hence the hover,) and the bodies were red with the white targets on them. the heads floaded above the top of the bodies and they were metal spheres with red little fezes on  top. one came up to us and said, "welcome to target, how may i be of assistance?" We told the robot that we were looking for clothing and it sent us on our way. when we arrived we branched off to find the clothes that spoke to us. I saw this really cool jacket with white fabric in a v shape on the upper torso and hexagons on a silver base on the bottom! i asked a robot for the price and it replied, "$25," i couldnt belive it, 25 dollars! man the economy sure has repaired itself! with a new shirt found i decided to look for pants. but when i got there, i saw pants hadnt changed much but there was one pair that drew me in, they were black with red and white diadonal stripes doing from the upper quad to the knee. so i purchased both of those and walked into the walkway to meet nick and blake. "diude, marcus check this out!" said blake as he held up the shirt he"d picked out, it was black with blue circles on each of your major juoints on your arms to your neck with lines of the same blue color connecting the circles. "nice," i replied, "whad you get nick?" In response, he held up a white shirt with semicircles of orange hexagons around the ends on the midsection. 

      soon after the girls, and benjamin, returned and showed us what they got. jennifer purchased a shirt with slits down the sides of the midsection and colored tourcoise which faded into purple on the bottom. marylin held up a shirt very muchj like mine, in fact exactly like mine, but for women. "Great minds think alike," said maryilin with a wink. Alyssa held up a sleeveless  golden top with a shell like thing surrounding the midsection and a small amount of fabric on the bottom. lastly ben held up a shirt with white fabric on the bottom with a baby blue part on the top folding down over the bottom. "benjamin, thats a hospital gown," said blake, "Well its the simplest thing i could find, im sick of the future." Nick and blake then asked, "could we go check out the video games and stuff?" "We'll all come," said jennifer, and we went to check it out.