Niall 6

"C'mon Denise, how many times have I looked after him since he was born? I know how to handle him and where everything is so just go already and have some fun!", I told one of my best friends. Greg laughed at my words and gave Theo, who I held in my arms, one last kiss before he slung his arm around his wife's waist and led her out the door. "Have fun you two!" With that the door closed behind them. "So whatcha wanna do while mommy and daddy are gone? How about we throw a little party, I'll pay for a round of milk and then we'll go to bed?" I asked Theo and went into the kitchen with him. I made his baby bottle and after he finished it I played a little bit with him. He was a cute and bubbly kid, always giggling but after some time his eyes got heavier and heavier and I watches as they dropped shut again and again. I laughed a little at his cuteness and decided to lay him down. Balancing him on my hip I pulled his sheets back and layed him down in his crib tucking him in and giving him a small kiss on the forehead. He was asleep in a matter of seconds. I looked down at him a soft smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. After he was asleep I turned on the TV and switched to a music channel, then I got my book from my bag and started reading till Greg and Denise would be back. After some time Story Of My Life came on and I had to look up and smile as I saw two familiar faces on the screen. I've been in the same class as Niall for years, even though we never really talked that much to each other since I was very shy back then. I haven't seen him since he left school but I have become close friends with Denise before I graduated school and now also Greg, since I looked after their child frequently.

Today I went over to Denise place since we decided to have a fun day together. A ladies day, with our little guy Theo. I brought some cheesy movies like The Notebook and some sweet sparkling wine. Smiling Denise opened the door for me with Theo on her hip. I returned the gesture and kissed her cheek and then Theo's, which caused him to giggle a little. I smiled at him and went inside. After a few glasses of the wine and some movies there was a knock on the door. Denise excused herself out of the talk we were having, about a guy I went home with, from a bar a while ago. I had met him a few times since then but it was a 'no strings attached' kind of thing. While I waited I decided to play a little with Theo and took him into my lap, when I heard Denise screech. Startled I sat Theo down and told him to hide behind the couch, while I took the nearest thing I could between my hands and creeper over to the door which led to the hallway. I grasped my fingers tighter around the base of the small lamp I grabbed from the small cupboard by the wall and prepared myself to defend Theo and myself. I heard heavy footsteps come closer and as soon as the stranger stepped into the room I hit the base of the lamp against his head and the force of it knocked him off his feet. I looked down at him and stared into a familiar face.

I stared at my victim with wide eyes, shocked because that wasn't what I had expected. A loud laugh snapped me out of my stare and I glared at Denise, while the boy on the ground rubbed his head. "This isn't fucking funny Denise! You screamed like some rapist just came through the door! I thought we were in danger! You scared me half to death!" I screeched. The guy lifted himself up from the ground while grumbling. "Yeah and you nearly gave me a concussion." I just ignored him and went around the couch to get Theo. "Okay, I'm sorry Niall that was totally my fault! I should have known that she would react like that, you know she doesn't live in the most secure part of the city." Denise apologized. I just shot her a glare, she didn't need to tell everyone in which circumstances I lived. "I'm sorry too but I did nothing wrong!" I said as stubbornly as I was. Then I got some cool pack from the freezer and handed it to Niall. But he didn't care about it much instead he outstretched his hands and took Theo out of my arms. He instantly started talking in a baby manner to the small kid and I had to smile a bit. "Niall, why didn't you tell us that you were coming? I'm sure Greg would have taken a day off then." Denise talked to the blonde guy.

It has been three days since Niall has come to stay at Denise and Greg's house and even though we had a tough start Niall and I were getting along pretty good by now. Today we were sitting in the garden, while Denise, Greg, Bobby and Niall were sitting on the table and talked, I was sitting on a blanket with Theo and played with him. Right now the cute blonde boy with the big blue eyes was giggling continuously. I was so in love with this little guy and his happy personality. "He's so cute right?" I heard a low voice beside me just before a body plopped down on the blanket. I smiled at Theo, who was gripping my hands with his much smaller ones, while answering. "Yeah, he's the cutest guy I've ever laid eyes on." Then silence fell again and I looked up to see if he still was there. He was pouting which made me laugh. "You're not moping because I complimented a baby." I watched as he kept his posture and laughed. "Okay if you want to hear it: you're cute Niall!" He smiled broad. "Then go out with me!" I shook my head laughing. "Your bad I'm not that much into cute guys." I winked at him, then stood up because it was time to go now, since I had a 'date' with Jake, the guy from the bar.

The next day I slept in since I had a long night. Sadly someone destroyed my plans and rang at my door at 10. Grumpily I swung my legs out of my bed and went to answer the door. I didn't care that I only was wearing an oversized shirt and a slip, since I planned to kill whoever stood outside the door anyway. I swung open the door and was met with a young blonde lad whose lips were drawn to a cheeky smile. "Hey, I thought since you didn't want to go out with me, we could stay in together." I nearly wanted to slam the door shut again since I wasn't a morning person until I saw he brought with him. Dunkin Donuts, Ben and Jerry's and other things I couldn't see since they were in the bag under the ice cream. I smiled and let him in. "You can't take a no, can you?" He just laughed, slipped his shoes off and made his way into my little flat. I sighed and followed him. I put the ice in the freezer and made us some coffee, then went into my living room where he was already waiting on me. He had already put in a movie and opened the donut box, grinning at me widely. And that's how it all started.