↳imagine: k.d.

A/n: I wasn't too sure what I wanted to make this or what the plot would be, but I'm winging it and making it an angst.

-

Dahyun sighed, looking at her watch. I think I'm finally able to do this. Just a few more preparations and a little more confidence, and then I'll be able to tell her how I feel. The high-school girl squealed in excitement. "Dahyun-ah, why are you squealing this early in the morning?" Dahyun's best friend, (L/n) (Y/n) asked. "I'm just really excited for today."

"Are you feeling alright? You're never excited on school days." (Y/n) presses the back of her hand on to Dahyun's forehead. "I can't tell you why I'm excited just yet. Wait until lunch and then I'll be able to tell you."

"You're definitely acting weird. Do I need to take you to the nurse?" The girl insisted that something was wrong. "Nothing is wrong (Y/n)."

"Okay. I'll see you later in fourth, Dubu!" (Y/n) gently pinched Dahyun's cheek, and walked away before Dahyun was able to say anything. You'll be able to do it, Dahyunie! Stop being such a coward. "You're really into her, aren't you?"

"No, Jeongyeon. I'm not into my best friend." Dahyun sputtered out. "Stop lying, your diary says everything." Jeongyeon pointed out. "Unnie, be quiet. I'm planning to confess later around lunch."

"You're too cowardly. I know you, Dahyun." Jeongyeon rested her hand on Dahyun's shoulder. "But today I'm not nervous! I'm very prepared." The younger one of the two argued back. "You'll be nervous for when it happens though."

"Leave me alone, I can do this, okay? I've been working hard on this for two months." Jeongyeon sighed and smiled at her dongsaeng. "Good luck."

Lunch time rolled around quicker than Dahyun wanted, her palms became clammy when she saw (Y/n) walking around the corner of the school building. "Why'd you want to meet up here?"

"You said it was your favorite part of this school." (Y/n) looked around the flowery garden, a small smile gracing upon her face. "It's really nice that you remembered that."

"Come and sit, I have something important to say." (Y/n) sat down by Dahyun and focused intently on what she was about to say. "I-I've really liked you for a long time, and I have enjoyed every moment that I've spent with you. (Y/n), will you go out with me?" Dahyun asked in a language that she wasn't used to speaking in. (Y/n) was surprised with her sudden English, taking in the words that were just spoken. "Dubu-ah, I love all of the preparation for this, but I'm in a bad situation right now. If you asked some other time, I would have said yes, but I'm going to have to say no." Dahyun looked at her with sad eyes, scanning her face, her skin did look more pale, and there's a slight bruise on her cheek; it looks like (Y/n) had a hard time covering it up.

"I understand." Dahyun gently rubbed the poorly covered bruise. "But who did this to you?" (Y/n)'s eyes filled with fear, she thought she had covered it really well this morning. "My boyfriend, I've been dating him for the past two weeks, and I thought he was sweet but I was so wrong." She laughed in pity. "I think I'm going to have to break up with him."

"You will break up with him. He's hurting you, and you don't deserve someone like that." (Y/n) enveloped Dahyun in a long, tight hug. "I'll text him right now. I can't see him face-to-face, or he might-," Dahyun quickly interrupted, "I get it, go ahead and do what needs to be done."

A few minutes of sitting in silence, (Y/n) broke it with, "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."