CHAPTER FOURTEEN - GOING SOMEWHERE?

For christabel13, for being an awesome friend and supporting this story ;)

Instagram: melody_905

Mel

I was standing the doorway of Mr Robber Guy's room. It was the only room I hadn't been shown, and seeing it was a... pleasant surprise, I guess.

The walls were a crimson red, with black curtains, and a matching bed. His door and carpet were also painted black, while hints of grey also adorned the room.

The other noticeable difference was that while all the other rooms in the house were messy, his was spotlessly clean.
I didn't see any clothes draped about, or wrappers on the floor, which was a great relief.

At least one member of the house didn't live in a pigsty.

My Robber Guy was in the bathroom doing something I wasn't allowed to see.

It didn't bother me. I had already caught sight of the medium sized window and had immediately discarded it as an escape route. It was too obvious, and it was the first place they would think of blocking. It wasn't an option, so it didn't faze me when he proceeded to lock it shut. I also didn't need to search for hidden razors; I had many ways of making more effective weapons.

At least him being in the bathroom gave me a few minutes of freedom.

I edged towards the hallway, hoping to get a few minutes to look around the house for a proper, less suspicious escape route.

Hearing no sound from the bathroom, I took another risky step forward.

And then the light went out.

I was shoved backwards, stumbling blindly until the backs of my knees came in to contact with something - the bed.

I fell back onto it with a gasp as a heavy weight landed on top of me, pinning me in place.

"Going somewhere?"