CHAPTER EIGHT - KIDNAPPED

Hey, sorry for not updating in a few days. My iPad has issues. Anyway , here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

Also, I'm thinking of releasing the first chapter of my new story. What do you guys think?

Mel

"What!?"

I stared at him, horrified, as he leaned back and relaxed against the wall as if he hadn't just said the most absurd thing anyone had ever heard.

The other boy's reactions, however, were completely different. Mr Cocky Pants looked delighted, his previous stroppy mood forgotten. Labrador smiled slightly, failing to look nonchalant. Puck grinned at me and winked cheekily. And Mr Robber Guy...he regarded me with cool indifference, his stance calm as I glowered at him threateningly. His lack of response to my question infuriated me even more.

"Well?"

"Well, what?" he cocked his head to the side, his tone indifferent.

"What are you talking about? I'm definitely not going anywhere with you." I scowled. His eyes narrowed slightly as the corner of his lips curled up to one side.

"Oh, really?"
He stepped forward, crowding me, a cruel smirk playing at the edge of his lips. I didn't back down, though I gulped inaudibly at his close proximity.

"Because I'm pretty sure we could take you. There's four of us, after all."

He stepped back, leaving me silently fuming. It seemed I got angry a lot these days, but these boys were really bringing out the worst in me with their arrogant behaviour and inopportune timing.

I could so take him! He had just caught me by surprise earlier, when he decided to play dirty by sneaking up on me from behind. And I hadn't trained in a long time. My reflexes were slow. But I hadn't intended to ever go back to that life, so I saw no point in constantly training any more.
Regardless of this, I was not about to let him get in the last word. My pride was all I had these days and I would go up against all of them if it meant proving to myself I wasn't out of touch.

"You wanna bet?" I smirked back, raising an eyebrow. Mr Robber Guy blinked at my tone.

"I'm all up for it," Mr Cocky Pants cut in, chuckling.

"I like her," Puck commented, nodding wisely.

"Well I guess that makes one of us, because I don't like you," I shot back. He looked wounded.

Just as he was about to retort, a shrill sound cut through the air.

Everyone froze and all eyes went to me.

I silently closed my eyes and cursed my phone as it continued to ring loudly, making my pocket vibrate.

Slowly, I looked up. The three boys stared at me with varying degrees of horror on their faces, but Mr Robber Guy just regarded me with a scarily calm expression.

Just when it seemed like the phone was going to carry on ringing forever, Mr Robber Guy spoke.

"Answer it," he demanded coldly.

"What?" the rest of the boys and I asked at the same time.

"I said, answer it. Put it on loudspeaker," he repeated.

"But-"

"Now."

I reluctantly reached into my pocket and drew out my phone.

It was a crappy old thing that had probably come out in the late 1900's, but it was still my phone, regardless. At least I had one, even if it was only so that I could answer calls from She-Devil No.1 and She-Devil No.2 ( a.k.a. Agatha and Jenny) to do whatever they fancied.