Chapter 39

I awoke the next morning to the sound of the ocean at the town house; the rays of sun beamed through the window and fell on my face making my eyelids look orange. I peeped my one eye open before yawning and sitting up, I stretched out my arms and winced a little as I felt a small pain in my lower back that I had gotten from being pressed up against the steering wheel last night. The events of last night with Randy came rushing back, I could feel my face heat up once again just at the thought it.

I got up to use the bathroom a giddy feeling in my heart, I kept on replaying the events over and over again and sometimes I wondered if it was all just a dream but then I looked at my blouse hanging on the back of my chair with it's missing buttons and it confirmed everything to me.

I sighed wistfully as I looked at myself in the mirror while brushing my teeth; I finished rinsing my mouth and then gathered my hair into a messy bun. It was only then that I noticed the purplish marks on my neck, I touched them and they hurt a bit but it was nothing intolerable. I realised that these bruises were a result of the hickeys that Rand left on my neck.

I smiled at my reflection, the thought of him trailing kisses down my neck made me heat up again and I decided that I needed a swim to cool off. Putting on my blue bikini I made my way to the back yard with a towel wrapped around my waist, passing Peter on my way. He was having breakfast and we exchanged greetings before he gave me the message that my grandmother went into the city early this morning to do some shopping.

I opened the sliding doors that led into the back yard, where the big rectangular infinity pool was situated and it looked extremely inviting. I placed my towel on a nearby deck chair and kicked of my slippers before diving in. At first the water was cold and it felt like a thousand tiny needles were prickling my skin, but soon after I became accustomed to it and the water felt amazing on my skin. I dived deep down into it's depths and swam the length of the pool underwater until I could no longer hold my breath and I had to come up for air gain. I repeated this process a number of times until I exhausted myself and I came up for air breathing heavily needing to take a break. I swam to the silver pool stairs and hoisted myself up using the handle bars, my limbs feeling heavy as I ascended out of the pool and the water dripping off me. I pushed the loose tendrils of my wet hair back, regrettably noticing that I had lost my hair tie during the swim. It was at that moment that I looked up and jumped back with a fright almost falling back into the pool if a hand hadn't gripped my waist and pulled me forward.

"Ahhhh damn it, what did I say about creeping up on me like that!" I retorted.

Jordan laughed and let go off me,

"I thought about it, a box of chocolates is just not my style" he said a coy smile plastered his lips.

Wow, an actual joke by Jordan, I laughed as I grabbed my towel and used it to dry myself off.

"So what's up?" I asked fluffing my hair with the towel.

"You didn't come back to Livingstone last night, is everything ok?"

Well this is awkward, I thought before responding.

"Yeah, I just took a err- detour that's all." I said putting my slippers on.

Jordan moved my hair off my neck,

"Is that what that they call it now a days?" he said referring to the hickey's on my neck, an indiscernible look on his face.

I suddenly felt very awkward and swatted his hand away.

"I'm with Randy now" I said turning my back to him. A feeling of guilt washing over me, why was It so hard for me to tell Jordan that?