Chapter 20

I have never been an over dramatic person and in most instances I would try to down play my emotions in order to protect myself from being vulnerable but tonight was completely different.

As I stood in the small square shower of the hotel room silently sobbing, I was feeling extremely dramatic as the realization hit me that my entire life has been a lie. I also realized that if my life were a movie-which by the way it could totally be, I mean you just can't write shit like this-this would be my mandatory emotional breakdown in the shower scene. The thought of it almost made me laugh, I sighed heavily. Oh well at least I'm a tad bit original, I didn't keep my clothes on. I thought while turning of the faucet and stepping out of the shower. Using one of the small white hotel towels I dried my hair vigorously before drying the rest of me and the wrapping the towel around myself so that it looked almost like a mini-dress that just barely covered all the essentials.

I wiped the steamed up mirror before staring at my reflection, I found it so odd that the girl who stared back at me looked exactly the same as always. A soft heart shaped face, big brown eyes framed by a shock of dark lashes, subtle lips that now looked dry a chapped. And what I considered to be my distinctive feature, my long dark mahogany hair that was now wet and dripping water all over the place.

Something didn't feel right to me; I couldn't understand how my whole life could get turned upside down in one night and my heart can get ripped to shreds but somehow I still managed look exactly the same.

Suddenly I hated my face, my identity. I wanted to peel it all off until there was nothing left...nothing left of me.

I heard light knocking on the bathroom door followed by a low murmur.

"Aria... I have some spare clothes for you; I left them on the bed. I'll be in the living room if you need anything."

I shut my eyes and didn't respond, I waited a few minutes before opening the bathroom door and walking into the bedroom. Sure enough I found some clothes carefully placed on the bed and as I held them up for closer inspection I saw a big plain black t-shirt and grey sweat pants. I realized that these must be Jordan's clothes. They even smelled like him, I put them on quickly and found that the T-shirt looked oversized and the pants were so baggy I had to roll up the ends so that I wouldn't trip over them.

I walked into the living room where I saw Jordan seated on the couch, he looked lost in thought. I wanted to run over to him and say sorry, I wanted to tell him that I didn't really hate him but I just couldn't. My tongue felt like sand paper in my mouth.

I walked over and sat on the opposite end the couch, I busied myself staring at a spot on the wall as the awkward silence stretched for what seemed like forever before he finally spoke.

"I just finished talking to principle Murphy and I got it all sorted out, we won't be punished for being out of our dorms." He said robotically.

I scoffed audibly,

"What so even the principle is in on this. Wait let me guess...he's secretly a spy too."

Jordan didn't say anything for a while.

"No...he's just easy to bribe."

I didn't say anything; instead I just kept staring at the spot on the wall.

After a while he shifted uncomfortably and spoke.

"Aria I understand your upset but...at some point we really do need to talk about this."

Upset? Well that's the understatement of the century.

I still didn't look at him while I spoke.

"I don't know what to call you anymore; I don't know what to think of you or how to treat you. I've known you for three years but I feel like I just met you." I whispered still not looking at him.

From the corner of my eye I saw him shift a little.

"You can still call me Jordan, I mean it's the same name just translated into English. I know all of this is a lot to take in but you have to believe me Aria, all I ever wanted was the best for you. I just wanted to do my job and keep you safe."

"Why, because it's your job?" I retorted.

"Because I care for your father and I care for you."

His admission startled me and made me fall silent for a few minutes.

"How can I believe you? After everything that's happened how can I ever know what's real again?"

I whispered chocking on my own words.

He moved closer to me on the couch until our thighs were touching and he clasped my hand in his forcing me to look at him.

"Do you feel this?" he asked placing my flat palm on his firm chest. I could feel the quickened pace of his heartbeat through the thin material of his shirt.

"This is what happens every time I see you or I'm near you...this is real Aria. If you can't believe anything else believe this."

Right now my own heart was going a mile a minute and all I could do was sigh disbelievingly as he placed his forehead on mine gently whipping away my tears with his thumb.

"Even though I know I'm not supposed to feel this way, even though I know it's wrong I just can't stop myself anymore." He whispered a pained expression crossing his face.

"I don't hate you," I whispered back closing my eyes as well and I felt him pull me into a big huge.

"I'm sorry Bambi; I never wanted to hurt you like this."

I swallowed not knowing what to say, was I hurt? Of course...but I came to the conclusion that the person who hurt me wasn't Jordan. It was Dario my father and Tiberio my uncle.

I let out a low chuckle; it wasn't humorous, just cynical.

"Man, my family really does have a twisted past." I said feeling like I would burst into tears any moment now.

Jordan just sighed and hugged me tighter.

"I think it's time for bed," he murmured.

 _____________________________________________________

Hola....so just anathor short chapter to keep you happy until the next one.

Not edited so please forgive me!!!

I hope you like it 

Ciao :)