Part 3

“I feel like I’ve known you my whole life.” His voice wrapped around her like a silk sheet. Kara’s head whipped back and forth to see if she could locate the source of the voice, but she couldn’t see anything.

This was a dream. She knew it as clearly as she knew her own name.

But she didn’t care.

She just wanted to see him again.

“Did you feel it?” He was whispering now, sending a shiver skating across her skin. “Did you feel that before?”

She felt something, that was for sure. And now it traveled through her body and pooled at her core. It was more than arousal. It was craving. Longing. Yearning for something she had never known before.

Of course, it was definitely arousal too.

It was just more than that.

And then, she was falling. She was falling impossibly slowly until she landed delicately on her knees.

“My fault.” The voice in the darkness had said, just like he had earlier.

Kara looked up, and there it was. His hand. His perfect hand. She followed the line of his arm up to his shoulders, his neck, his full mouth, until she found them.

His eyes.

They were oceans of blue and green; calm on the surface, but deep and full of wonders she couldn’t wait to explore.

She held out her hand and hesitated only a moment before joining it with is.

And there it was again. A connection. A spark that jumped from him to her and back again. This electricity flowed between them, just as real as it had been when they first met earlier this evening. It danced and raced through her veins, igniting every nerve ending.

This was something special.

This was something life changing.

Even in her dream, some part of Kara’s subconscious wanted to kick her. How could she possibly have fallen in love with a man so profoundly when they’d barely said more than ten sentences to one another?

Nevertheless, he was her soul mate.

__________

He was sleeping.

Was he dreaming, Zeni wondered.

An intense pulling sensation began tugging at her core, drawing her toward the unconscious man. How odd! It was like a magnet, attracting her with an almost unbearable force. It scared her, but the harder she fought against it, the stronger the pull became.

She let out a long breath and relaxed her clenched muscles, allowing her body to command itself. As the air escaped past her lips, she felt a change come over her. Her limbs were now as light as air and she felt as though she was floating.

It was only at this point that Zeni realized her eyes had closed. She opened them only to find the world had taken on a strange, filmy texture as if everything was being distorted by a thin oil slick.

When she held her arm up to examine it, she was surprised to find that it too had changed. Transluscent, her body was now nothing more than an ethereal shade of what it used to be.

Was it ending? Was The King calling her back?

Her body swayed like the coming and recessing tide.

No! It was too soon. She hadn't even gotten to see into his beautiful eyes yet.

She could not stop her body as it lifted and hovered off the ground. She floated over her Benedict and tried to etch his perfect face into her memory before she was dragged back in to the vast nothingness that was hell.

The pulling sensation was stronger now. It was almost like pins and needles tugging at her skin.

An ache crept into Zeni's throat making it hard for her to breath. She gasped for air, but her throat had nearly seized up in her panic. She had been so close!

Tears welled up in her eyes and she could do nothing but let them fall. She watched as the fine, teardrop shaped mist floated softly onto Benedict's face, then disappeared as it was absorbed into his skin. Then another. And another.

She looked down and found that pieces of her were breaking away and falling into him.

A light of unbridled joy burst out of the very center of Zeni. She was not being called back. This was what he meant when he said he'd give her all the tools she'd need!

She gave herself over fully to her body, and allowed herself to be completely drawn in by the beautiful man beneath her.

__________

If you like what you've seen here and want to read more, please vote and/or comment to let me know what you think.