Weightless

so i was randomly browsing some writing websites when i came across this one liner that inspired me to go into a five minute writing rush which then turned into this, haha hope you enjoy!

copyrιɢнт © 2014 Fαιтн Howeɴ (@тeαтιмe_)

  The water looked so deep and inviting as I stared down into it. The air around me softly caressed my face and lightly whipped around my hair, wrapping it around my cool neck. My thin, white sleeveless dress followed the action and twisted around my legs which were uncovered, vulnerable to the autumn cold. I forced myself to rip away my gaze from the water now setting them on the horizon. The subtle oranges mixed with smoky gray as dusk approached.

I stood on the very edge of this small cliff with beautiful cascading green hills out in front of me in the distance. My bare feet sat on the point of this cliff while my toes struggled to find a hold on the scratchy rock. My eyes started to slightly water, but not from the cool winds but rather from the hurt. The hurt of why I was here and what I planned to do. My eyes search even deeper into the treacherous waters of the Tasman Sea.

   Should I do it now? Should I take away what everybody said was the most precious thing ever given to me? I breathed in and out. In and out making sure my decision was absolutely solid. It’s been far too long that I have been living life like this. Going through each and every day and absorbing the humiliating stares, the vicious messages, and the absolutely brutal pain. It's time. It's time I take control of what happens to me and what I want right now is peace. I want to make a void in the people those cruel people make their prey. I want to be one last victim to them.

  I try not to turn back for then I would have to look at my home. The home where my mother was expecting me down from my room. The home where even there I didn’t get any of the comfort I so desperately craved. Tears slip down my face and I let them go, not bothering to wipe them away.  

 With this I hold my hands together in a fist and press them against my heart. I spin on my heels, turning around with my back to the sea. I start to tip back and I let my body be dragged down by the gravity of the earth, right down into my escape from this harsh and ruthless world, because that’s all it ever gave me. Hurt, pain and scars that will never fade.

   I close my eyes and fall.  It only takes a couple of feet before I hit the water with barely a splash. My entire life flashes before me underneath my closed eyelids and I see nothing but sadness. There is no reason to go back and right now I see no point. The water immediately cloaks me in its cool and wet embrace and I let it. I let it fill me till I can't see the dreadful world I have grown to know any longer. I don’t put up a fight against the ongoing flow of water because this is what I want. An escape and in return this is exactly what I am getting.

  My vision blurs and

e v e r y t h i n g  d i s a p p e a r s.