{20} The Last Wish

I'm pulled into the room by Nick and Greg, once again struggling to get out of their hold. Louis is pulled in after me, trying to escape the people holding him back so he can get to me. As I'm forced across the room I see a group of familiar people staring at me, and I gasp. I thought they made it out?

"Niall?!" Liam exclaims in shock, staring at me. I watch as Louis is pushed into the small glass room with the rest of my friends while I'm tied to a chair. As I'm attempting to pull my arms out of the rope that binds them, Daniel walks in, smirking.

"Ready, Niall? I figured I'd let your friends watch." He says, looking at the group of people banging on the glass with all their might. Louis, Liam, and Cher are closest to me, but Zayn, Harry, and my Aunt Lindsey are behind them. At one point I catch a glimpse of my dad, and I realize that Daniel is going to make him watch as he kills me.

"What are you going to do?" I ask, masking my fear with a calm voice.

"You'll see." Daniel says simply, checking his watch. "You know, this spell only works at a specific time, and this happens to be that time. Midnight on the first day of the sixth month. Only works on the third, sixth, ninth, and twelfth months, just so you know that's what I was waiting for, Niall. It takes only a couple of minutes and is extremely painful for both of us, but the results are so rewarding that it's worth it." My eyes widen and Louis puts his arm over my dad's shoulder, keeping him from doing something stupid. A beam of light magic shoots out of Daniel's palms, the kind of magic almost no one uses anymore. I scream in pain when the light makes contact with my chest, and a burning pain fills my body as I realize how Daniel is going to kill me in the most painful way possible. Slowly draining my magic so he can use it.

"NIALL!!!" All of my friends yell, and I can tell that Louis is struggling to hold my dad back. I can literally feel the magic leaving my body, it's very painful. All of a sudden the beam disappears and all of my magic returns, so much power that it nearly knocks me out, and Daniel stumbles backward.

"So much power, it's unbelievable." He says, his eyes wide in amazement. "That much power will make me the strongest Spellcaster alive!" The beam of light comes flying toward me again, and I close my eyes, but it never hits. When I open my eyes again, my dad is standing in front of me, and the beam is hitting him square in the chest.

My dad screams, his body lurching at the contact. Daniel laughs, shrugging. "I guess this works too."

"NO!!!" I scream, pulling at the ropes and wishing that this stupid cuff was gone and I could blast Daniel's head right off of his body.

"Too late, Your Majesty." Daniel smirks, and the magic disappears. My dad is no longer moving, in fact he isn't even breathing. I look at the glass room in shock, looking at the wide eyes of my friends. My aunt is looking at the wall and crying, unable to look at her brother. Louis is staring at my dad, unable to pull his eyes away, and tears are streaming down his face. I think I know exactly what's going on in his mind. He failed again, and he lost another friend.

"No..." I whisper, a tear slipping out of my eye. I slump over and start crying, giving up on pretending to be strong when I know I'm not. I look at the floor, watching my tears splash on the ground. My dad is dead, and Daniel has all of his power. Daniel killed my dad, and I know that I'm next.

~•~•~•~•~

All of us are stuck in one big cell with a row of beds on one wall and a single door leading to a small bathroom on the other. The cell has a huge glass wall, like the one in the room my dad died in, so Daniel can walk by and see us whenever he wants. We've only been in here for about an hour, and that time has been completely silent other than my aunt's cries. I've had constant tears in my eyes since it happened, and Louis has been hiding his own pain to try to comfort me, even though I can tell that he wants to cry his heart out as well. Liam, Zayn, Harry, and Cher all seem to be in shock, but they've all been trying to calm my aunt down, obviously failing.

"Niall, you'll be okay." Cher says from behind me, apparently giving up on my aunt.

"I wish I could blast his head off, but I can't because of this dang cuff." I complain, glaring at the shining blocker that keeps me trapped here.

"Liam, come here." Cher calls, bringing one of my best friends over to me. Liam apparently knows what Cher is talking about because he grabs my arm, turning it so he can see the cuff that is constantly digging into my skin.

"There's no clasp or anything. Completely run by magic. Daniel may not be the only one who can take it off, but only a Spellcaster could in any case, and a strong one at that." Liam decides, and I turn my head, looking at my hysterical aunt. A Sorcerer, a powerful one, who Daniel didn't ever give a cuff to for some reason. Maybe because he knew that she'd be too distraught to do anything.

All of a sudden my wrist starts burning, and I yelp in pain as the cuff sears my skin. "What's going on?" I ask, and the burning pain gets stronger. I whimper, the skin on my arm feeling like it's melting. Liam reaches out to touch the cuff and quickly draws his hand back, hissing and looking at his finger.

We all stare at my wrist, unable to do anything about the scorching cuff. My eyes widen when it starts to glow blue, and Louis gasps. The glow and the burning disappear at once, and I feel a strange sensation throughout my body. I lift my hand, snapping my fingers and staring at the small flame that appears in shock.

"Your dad, Niall. His last wish." Louis says, smiling a little. The last wish is a superstition that says that when a magic dies they get a single wish before they pass on to the next world. I never really believed in it, but I definitely do now.

"He spent his last wish saving his son in the best way." Liam comments, tapping the cuff and grinning. "The spell was removed, but the cuff is still on. Daniel will still think you can't do anything, which gives us time to plan our escape."