Chapter 7 ~ Arkham

"My god if it isn't my best friend" Barbara boasted as the doors to the van closed.

I rolled my eyes at her "hmm I didn't know best friends drugged each other, or do they?" I looked at her and tried my best to whip my tears with my cuffed hands, sighing as flashes of my brothers face when he finds out invade my mind.

"Oh that, common sweetie, it was for your own good" she shrugged "I couldn't have you saving Lee"

"You killed Lee?" I ask shocked "wow and I thought I was messed up.."

"No, sadly I didn't" she growls "though I did kill my parents it was about time, what are you headed to Arkham for?"

"Remember the night at the bar, when we met the Ogre and you left me alone there?" I looked out the window on the back of the van watching the roads change "I decided to walk home but paid a visit to the alleyway my parents died in... long story short the bar boy came and tried to rape me" I say looking back at her "so I killed him. In defense."

She looked at me with pity frowning "I'm sorry Carmen.."

"It's fine, he deserved it."

The van finally came to a stop and the doors opened and we were taken into Arkham they took the cuffs off and let us walk in front of them, I looked up at the big dark asylum and sighed knowing it'd be my home for a while.

I sent a glare at the men behind us and strutted forward with Barbara, we walked past a room full of crazies and when I turned my head to eye them a head of ginger hair made me smile.

Jerome turned his head to look at Barbara and I and my heart fluttered in my chest I wanted to run in there and press my lips onto his.

     The men hurried us along and took us to a room where they forced us to strip out of our clothes, I reluctantly did and shivered at the cold air hit my bare skin

The men hurried us along and took us to a room where they forced us to strip out of our clothes, I reluctantly did and shivered at the cold air hit my bare skin. I wrapped my arms around my torso for some warmth but they ripped my hands off me and put Barbra and I against the wall, once we were one I couldn't see what they were going to do next but I heard clanging and something being dragged across the floor before we were hosed down with ice cold water. I bit my lip and shut my eyes tightly to get through it but never in my life would I think I'd be in this situation, once it stopped they ripped us from the wall and threw a bundle of clothes to each of us. I caught it half in shock, half pissed off.

     Those mother fuckers.

When I was done getting dressed they brought Barbara and I to our cells which were conveniently across from one another and kept us there, so Barbara and I talked to pass time the guards told us to shut up a few times but we never did, but soon they took Barbara somewhere else. When I asked where they told me to mind my business and maybe I could join her soon, so I did and walked around my room bored, as I did I watched the young guard closely who would walk up and down the hall making sure the others and I where behaving, he was fairly cute nothing compared to Jerome but the the guard did have some charm. He had golden brown hair that was wavy, his brown eyes looked cold but I could see the innocence I wanted to break behind them the cherry on top was the sprinkle of freckles on his cheeks and nose. I new I could use his innocence as a way for Jerome and I to get out, if I ever needed to.

Finally the same guards that took Barbara came back and took me out of my room ruffly, I rolled my eyes and walked with them I knew I'm definitely going to have some marks on my arms. They took me back to the room I saw Jerome in, I ran to the door eagerly, one gave me a look before saying "you'll be in the rec room for now, tomorrow you'll start your therapy." And opened the door and I laughed dryly "oh fun" I then walked inside.

The inmates that where paying attention watched me as I looked around and finally spotted the two people I knew who where surprisingly talking to one another, I walked up behind Jerome and picked up their conversation.

"I need a telephone." Barbara said leaning in towards him.

"Now why would you need that? Barbara." I chimed in smirking.

She looked up at me and smiled while Jerome slowly turned and looked me up in down. "Carmen?" He asked shocked I nodded my head as my smirk turned into a smile.

"The one and only." Once I said that he jumped up and scooped my into his arms, I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as I squealed. "Jerome." I said laughing out his name.

"Ugh I've missed you so much doll." He said putting his face in my neck and breathing in.

"I've missed you too, you clown"

"Wait you two know each other??" Barbara asked, Jerome put me down but kept his arms around my waist.

"Well I'd hope so, she's my girlfriend." He said smirking at her I blushed and grabbed his face and kissed him deeply, my heart coming together after feeling like scattered puzzle pieces wasting away.

He kissed back and pulled me closer and we then broke the kiss to breathe, I couldn't help but smile.

"So doll, what ya in for?"

~~~

I sat in Jerome's lap, it's been a while since I've been in Arkham now I've had a few check ups with the doctors here and they all blab on about the same thing, PTSD, trauma, you're going to get through this, blah, blah, blah. Bruce still hasn't visited... nor Alfred I expected that but it still hurts a lot. Since I've been here I have explained how I killed that man in the alleyway to Jerome and he was proud of it, though also disappointed that he couldn't kill him growling about how no one is aloud to touch his queen and we've done a bit of catching up, weirdly enough for some crazy reason in this asylum I have never been happier because I'm with him.

Barbara sighed from across from us "someone tell me a funny story." She said as her toenails where being painted by Aaron.

Sionis who Barbara was leaned up against slammed his hand on the table "I have a good one." I looked at Jerome and saw him roll his eyes I smiled and kissed his cheek "so when I was in college," and immediately drowned him out knowing that rich kid college is nothing but boring from the countless parties my parents would have and all the times I was forced to listen to people go on and on about there old people college days.

Instead I hummed as Jerome twirled my hair with his fingers I turned to him and locked my lips onto his and we kissed away the boring story together. I missed him so much and I felt so complete again, maybe Arkham wouldn't be so bad now that I knew we could be together.

"Careful doll you're getting me excited" Jerome whispered in my ear seductively making me shiver and kisses him again blushing madly.

Our making out was bothered by a new patient walking into the rec room and yelling "greetings," he began "I am Zaardon the soul reaper" damn I thought I was going crazy.

"So I had these ponies," Sionis continues and Jerome and I continue kissing, his hand slowly goes up my thigh and I giggle at how it tickles.

"Here me slaves!" Crazy idiot says as he talks again "my patience is wearing thin. Surrender your souls to my mercy," he jumps onto a table as Jerome and I watch amused "or I swear by the master, I shall feast on your pain! I shall gorge on your torment! I shall crush you like a bug." He then starts laughing but the laughing turns to coughing until he falls onto the table and smoke starts to come out his mouth.

Everyone starts to get up and look around in confusion I hold Jerome's hand tightly as he holds mine, soon we all start to cough and I black out falling to the floor.