Chapter 3 ~ The cold truth.

"How long have you known the Valeska's Carmen" Jim asked me as he sat across from me in the interaction room

"I've known them since I was nine, it's been eight years now.." I replied frowning as knee bounced up and down distracting my mind that was in chaos my mind on Lila, the way her dead eyes stared at us as Jim revealed her lifeless body.

"Do you happen to know where Lila was around 5 o'clock or so?" He asked another question.

"I'm not sure, I got to the Valeska's place late at night.."

"We're you and Lila Valeska's close?"

"Not really, she was mostly out of the house when I would be over" or asleep I thought to myself.

After a few more questions went by until he finally released me and took Jerome in, I kissed his cheek and gave him a reassuring smile before hand. Then I went outside the police station to call Alfie and wait for Jerome.

He picked up right away "young lady! When I joked around about you running off with your circus boy I didn't mean do it!"

"Alfi-"

"No don't you Alfie me, I promised I'd keep you safe as your guardian but how am I supposed to do that If your always running off" he exclaimed his English accent coming through more than normal "get your butt home now or I'll come to the circus with Bruce and take you home by force."

"Alfred!" I shouted before taking a few deep breaths "Jerome's mom was found murdered. I'm at the police station with him right now. I can't leave him alone right now" I said tears in my eyes "I know how it feels to lose a parent, I don't want him to go through that alone."

"I'm sorry..." Alfred sighed "I was only worried, you take the time you need Bruce and I will be at home if you need us. We're still having a talk though."

"Thank you Alfie, I'm sorry" I said before hanging up and heading back inside the station. I guess the call must have been longer then I thought because Jerome left the room at the same time I walked in.

    I walked up to him and he immediately wrapped his arms around me, I wrapped mine around his waist and sighed.

"Are you ok?" I asked looking up at him.

"I will be" he replied kissing my lips softly I returned the kiss melting into it.

     After breaking the kiss I gave him a small smile "we'll find the person responsible" I said eyeing the rest of the circus darkly, I never really cared much for Lila she hurt Jerome over and over again, but her death hurt Jerome so the person responsible for it will burn. Just like the person responsible for my parents death.

"I hope so" he said pulling me close.

~time skip~

     Jim Gordon told us to go for the day and that he'd call if he got any news, so that's what we did. Jerome said he wanted to spend all the time he could with me, I laughed and told him that we could always hangout when he wanted to but something in his eyes told me he didn't think that.