I tried so hard, and yet I failed -pt2

Going to school was the weirdest part because it was normal. No one was on edge around me, I even had kids from the years below almost knock me over. I grinned as I walked into form. "What's made you so happy?" My friends, sat at the backrow, said, noticing I wasn't my normal monday morning grumpy self. I sit down next to my best friend and smile. "Where you been? Skyver." She joked
I stuck my tongue out at her.
"No seriously, you weren't in most of last week, what's happened?" She looked concerned, not as bad as Newt in the hospital. My bottom lip trembled, I knew I couldn't lie to another friend.... "I'll tell you in private." I whispered not wanting the others to hear.
She didn't seem too upset, maybe a bit worried but overall it just seemed to wash over her.

Unlike Newt.....
Form was only fifteen minutes long, and Newt was already waiting outside, chewing on the inside of his cheek. We all rushed out of form, our tutor being a miserable moron. I halted as I saw Newt. "Umm hey?" I said confused.
Newt quickly covered the distance between us and grabbed my bag. "Let me take this." I slip my bag off my back, happy for him to carry it, though unsure how it would help the.... you know.
My friend who was renound for not keeping her mouth shut. Blurted out. "Oh! Your so happy cause you've been shagging him all week!"
I stared at her angry, with an open mouth not too sure what to say.
Newt smiled sadly. "Unfortunately not."
Even I whipped round at that with a raised eyebrow, his little smirk made my stomach churn.
"Come on." My friend, Ellie said dragging me by the elbow. "We're going to be late for physics."
I rolled my eyes, I never understood her profound dislike for Newt, she was always on edge when him and his friends are near. Says they're too dodgy. When really the last thing they are is dodgy ..... they're just funny and hilarious. I walked off with my bunch of mates, Newt permanently at my side only leaving for his lesson at the very last second.

He did that between very lesson, he would come and carry my bag. He insisted on sitting next to me at lunch as well. It was nice but no way to be subtle in front of my friends.
My best friend Maddie got incredibly suspicious when my mum came to pick me up. My parents never having picked me up from school since I was twelve. Maddie grabbed my arm as she spotted my mums car. "What's going on y/n?! Newt's been funny all day, now this."
"Coffee tomorrow after school, I swear i will explain everything." I say seeing my tearful, sleep deprived mother getting out of the car. Maddie's eyes flashed with fear as she noticed the state of my mother.

I sighed sitting down opposite my best friend of five years running, a coffee heating my hand. I was going numb thinking about having to explain everything. Maddie would normally have made of joke about the barista or something by now, but today was quiet.
"It's been ages since we've been for coffee." I smile taking the lid off mine and sipping the hot drink, the froth smooth on my throat.
She nodded. "What's wrong y/n?"
I gulp and pick at the plastic lid of my cup. It felt like a mountain had erupted at the back of my throat nothing could get past it. I looked into her brown eyes remembering how she always went on about how brown was a rare colour for her family, almost everyone had blue apart fron her and her gran. I felt the water leak out from behind my eyes. "I'm dying." I barely whispered. "I have a brain tumour and another in my intestines."
Maddie settled her coffee down and gulped. "What are you going to do about it?"
I laugh wipping away the tears. "Go through all hell to destory it and pray it doesn't destroy me first."
She leant over the table and squeezed my hand. "Newt knows, doesn't he?"
I nod. "Your the first person I've told, he found out through my mum."
She relaxed at this sitting back down.
I laughed, snot snorting out my nose. "I'm going to be bold!"
Maddie laughed too. "You can hang out with the all the fat, bold fifty year olds at the pub."
"Oh yes." I joke. "We'll be the best of mates."
We both laughed.
"You won't tell the others will you?" I ask her, with wide begging eyes.
She nodded, biting her bottom lip. "Yeah of course.....Are you going to die?"
I nod my head feeling excruciatingly numb. "Yes, they say I'll live another twenty odd years if i survive the treatment, but being bloody realistic I'm going to die in the next year or two." I leant my head into my hand, maddie pulled her chair around to my side and hugged an arm around me. "Well then we have two years to get drunk together. We'll go to all the parties, all the concert and festivals and get pissed."
I laughed through the pain. "I would like that."