Thomas and his merry men

You hand Ben the mug of ale and take a seat on a rookie chair. Your black cat instantly hopped onto your lap, purring as you stroked his fine fur.

Ben downed the ale in one and gasped. "It is good to be in a house again."

You laugh. Robin, your cat, hissing at the irregular movement and his tail twitching. "Well, if you hadn't gotten yourself an outlaw..."

"Yeah but I love the woods." Ben sighs and clasps his hands together, you knew where this conversation was going. It always resorted to this topic when he visited. "Y/n we need to talk about safety."

You roll your eyes, pick up his mug and head into your tiny kitchen. You begin washing up.

He follows you close behind. "I know you hate the idea but being the sister of an outlaw and a young lady living by herself, you need a man."

"I have Robin to protect me." You state, turning to face him. His eyes were baring down into yours kindly but firm like he knew there was nothing worse in your eyes than marriage.

"Robin is a cat. You need to get married."

"Then take me into the woods with you! I would be safe there."

He groans. "Y/n, the woods is no place for a woman."

"Oh but it is fine for you!" You retort, now sorting your jars of potions and bizarre cocktails. "Anyway I have my tricks and potions, they always scare people off."

"That's what I mean you need a husband so you stop playing with your tricks." He grabs you by the shoulders and pulls you so you stare into his eyes.

You shake your head. "Ben I..."

There's a harsh knock at the door. You throw each other quizzical looks. "Leave by the back door." You push him in the right direction. Fussing with your dress you open the door to four of the sheriffs men. Swords drawn.

"Your under arrest for witchcraft." One says through his gritted helmet.

You stare at them wides eyed. Witchcraft? Are they serious? You put on a smile, life was a play you had to go with the unexpected. "Am I to see the sheriff?"

"Yes."

You smile wickedly as evil ideas form in your mind. "Then allow me to put on my nicest dress first."

***

Newt stood by Thomas's side bent over a map, only visible by the glimmer sun shinning through the canopy's decorative leaves.

"Along this road?" Minho asks from the other side.

"No you shuckfaced idiot." Galley snorts.

"What did you just call my beautiful face?" Minho pokes Gally in the chest.

Alby cuts them off quickly. "Actually it is that road."

"Told you, you shuckfaced idiot." Minho retorts.

Newt shook his head secretly amused, bent over maps all morning had been the most boring thing of his life.