Ch. 19

"Knock, knock, knock"
There was someone at the door. I looked over at Michael. "Don't answer it" I whispered.
"Knock, knock, knock" we heard again.
Michael looked over at me. He pointed to the kitchen and motioned for us to hide in the next room. He grabbed his gun from in between the couch cushions which scared me a little. I can't believe he was hiding weapons in the couch we just had sex on last night. Maybe I should be checking under the mattress and in cereal boxes next for other surprises, I told myself sarcastically.
I slid out a small throwing dagger which I kept in my boot and waited with Michael to see what would happen next. I had a plan that Michael didn't know about.
I heard someone jiggling the pins in the door lock. They were trying to break in. Next I heard the pins click into place and the handle slowly turned.
I felt my heart racing as the door quietly opened. I heard the floor creak and his footsteps coming closer and closer until he was just a few steps away from the kitchen doorway.
I set up this apartment with contingencies that Michael didn't know about. I slowly crept over to the leftmost cabinet next to the kitchen archway. Michael motioned me back, probably thinking I was about to attack the intruder or something stupid but I wasn't. I silently opened the cabinet where I installed a switch. I flipped the switch which electrified the threshold.
I waited as the intruder came closer and closer until, "thud" he was out cold on the floor. I looked back at Michael who had a look of surprise and confusion on his face.
"What just happened?" He questioned
"This isn't my first day as a criminal" I winked back.
I peeked around the corner to see if he was alone and seeing no one I stood up. "C'mon, we have some work to do" I said.
I pulled over a sturdy wooden chair and
Michael tied our assailant to it. He was still unconscious as we figured out a plan of interrogation. "Good cop bad cop?" I suggested
"How about bad cop worse cop?" He replied
"Fine that works too I guess"
I looked over our guest. He was approximately 5'10" wearing a dark suit and tie. He looked to be about mid thirties, brown hair, strong build.
"Time to wake him up?" I asked my partner
"Alright." he agreed
I stepped toward him and slapped his face saying, "Wakey, wakey, no sleeping on the job big guy"
The spot on his face where I struck him flushed fluorescent red. Michael stayed back standing tall with his arms crossed. His face was dark and expressionless. His demeanor was cold and fierce.
"If I were in your position I would start talking right about now" I said while twirling the point of my blade on my index finger and circling the chair like a predator and prey.
He tried to hide his fear but I could read his micro expressions. He was terrified, as he should be. I may be against killing however I'm not against torture as long as it's not senseless. I won't take pleasure in it but I will torture someone who poses a threat to me and/or my loved ones.
"Or we can do this the hard way?" I pointed my dagger at his balls and applied the slightest bit of pressure and he squirmed with beads of sweat forming on his forehead.
"Okay okay. You don't understand." he said
"What, what don't I understand?" I inquired
"I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to help you."
"Yeah right! And if you came here to help us why did you break in with a gun at the ready?" I asked
"Okay, okay. Look, check my left shirt pocket."
I looked back at Michael who maintained his ruthless expression. (Sometimes I swear he's related to Batman) I leaned in to find his pocket. I reached in his jacket and glanced back at his face to make sure he wasn't trying anything. I felt a wallet of sorts and pulled it out. It was an ID. I flipped it open and it read, "Special Agent Samuel Pierson" I looked over the seal and it wasn't a fake. He's a fed. I handed it to Michael to check out. I was shocked. I thought for sure he was here to kill us or carry out some kind or attack for whoever's after us.
"See, I'm not here to kill you." He said
Then Michael spoke up. "Do you know who we are?" He interrogated
The fed hesitated a moment then answered, "Yes I know who you are, Michael Rees aka The Panther and Alex Winters, master thief and con artist."
"You said you came here to help us... Help us with what exactly?" Michael asked
"I know about the blackmail. I know who's coming after you".
Michael raised his chin with intrigue but before I knew what was happening or could do anything he knocked the agent out cold.
"What did you do that for?" I yelled
"We need time to think about what to do with him. If he's telling the truth he could be our only way of finding out who's responsible for the blackmail. I still don't know if we can trust him but for now I don't think we should. He's out only lead. We'll use him to get what we need for now"
"And what will we do with him in the mean time then? Stick him in the closet?" I asked sarcastically
"No. We'll keep him right here. This isn't the first or even the second time I've held a federal agent hostage." He said
"Oh" was all I could say

***********************************
Right, So I hoped you liked this chapter! Don't be afraid to tell me what you think I want to hear your thoughts please! And don't forget to vote :) More uploads soon!