32

As months passed, your stomach grew. It was odd-feeling and uncomfortable but with the support of the Avengers, you were able to push through. Each day you were encouraged and given many gifts by not only the Avengers but even some of Tony's employees.  It looked to you as if he was in a much better mood and seemed almost excited, he would be counted as the child's grandfather after all. You received a lot for your baby, toys, bottles, clothing, blankets and furniture throughout your pregnancy.

Sam came over often to hang out and tell you about birth, during the time you spent together you had discovered that his mother was a midwife. He was very knowledgeable in this field, it made you wonder why he didn't choose biology or medicine as his major.

Something which irritated you was the fact that Sam acted as if he still had a chance with you. With each attempt of a compliment or advancement, it reminded you of Loki. Not because the raven-haired male acted that way, it was because you felt as if you were his and his only. The thought of being with someone else made you feel as if you were being unfaithful, but each time you would have to remind yourself that he wasn't going to be there for you or the baby. Loki wasn't coming back.

Someone else who visited often was the boy, Peter. He even demonstrated his spider-like abilities to you and, before you became too big, sparred to show off your own. He was a sweet and intelligent boy, you even got the chance to tutor him in a few subjects he needed extra help in. You may not have grown up going to school but after the amazing number of books you had read and experience you had, you were one to go to for help. Peter admired you and treated you like a big sister, giving you an idea of what it was like to have a younger sibling.

You remembered that you had asked Loki about it since he had grown up alongside Thor who, even though was thousands of years old, acted like a barbaric child. Thinking about that single question filled your head with many others as well as everything the two of you had been through together. From starting off as neutral, having that fight after he mocked your emotions and finally finding happiness together. Sometimes you wondered whether you would've prefered if Loki had taken you with him, then you could live with him and your child.

But those thoughts always made you feel selfish. Would you really trade all of the Avengers for the man that you loved? You felt like a horrible person when you actually considered it, this also proved how much he meant to you. He was worth more than all of your friends, father and younger brother.

You were currently relaxing on the couch, several pillows surrounded you to help you feel more comfortable. This new weight at the front of your body made everything a lot more difficult but you had no regrets if anything you were happy to be carrying Loki's baby. Sure, he didn't know about it but you promised your child to let them know who their father was. A mischievous man who loved to tease and mock others. But also how he was caring and gentle, putting yourself before him even when he was the one who needed the help and attention.

Tears dripped down your face as the thoughts flooded in, it was if the dam holding back your thoughts broke and let them all back in. It was important to calm down for the sake of the baby and so you forced it back, eventually falling asleep due to mental exhaustion. All of this was really taking a toll on you and there was no easy way to fix it. The only thing you needed was for Loki to come back.

Over two years later

You smiled widely at the class you had been lecturing, waving as they packed up their books and left the lecture hall.

"Thank you for coming, I hope that my words hold some worth and that you will use my experiences to your advantage." A few students called out, showing their gratitude as they walked out.