Chapter 8 (✓)

"Why didn't you answer my call? I've called you too many times already." Sana said in a grumpy tone during a phone call with Tzuyu. She was so pissed off with the fact that Tzuyu had been ignoring her calls for a few days now.

"It's because I chose not to." Tzuyu boringly replied.

Sana was speechless in rage to hear such a response from the man. That was not the kind of answer she expected from him.

She then retorted through gritted teeth, "Please remember that you are working for me, and I don't like this kind of reaction. What if I wanted to tell you something important, and here you were refusing to answer my calls?"

"I'm busy," Tzuyu sighed, "It's not like you are the only one who has things to do." He sarcastically added.

"Then you should have at least given me a follow-up call and informed me whether you are still alive or whatever." Sana snapped at him.

Tzuyu clenched his jaw, trying to calm himself from arguing more with Sana. After all, he was still mad at how Sana was looking down on him. He might make the situation worse if he chose the wrong words to say to her.

He cleared his throat before replying to the latter, "What do you want, actually? I don't have time to argue with you, so be quick."

"It's not like you are as busy as me, so why hurry?" Sana questioned him, "Even though I am the CEO of a big group, I can still spare and organise my time to settle things out with you." She mockingly added.

Tzuyu wanted just to pull on his own hair. He was frustrated, and what Sana had just said to him felt like she was once again insulting him, making him feel as if he was not doing anything at all.

"Listen here, Ms. Minatozaki," Tzuyu grumpily said, "If you call me just to annoy me, I'll just end the call." He clenched his fist in anger.

"Excuse me?" Sana scowled, "Why did you sound like you were angry with me?" She inquired in the same tone as Tzuyu's, "I really don't understand you."

Tzuyu clicked his tongue in annoyance, "You don't have to understand me, and it seems like you really called me just to piss me off, so I'm ending the call."

"Wait!" Sana halted, "Fine, who cares anyway?" She groaned, "Meet me at my penthouse tomorrow. Park your bike there, and we go to the event by my car. 7pm sharp. Do you get me? And please dress properly. It's a grand party. Many VIPs are going to attend it. You know the dress code at a formal party, don't you? If you don't have formal attire or can't afford to buy one, just inform me. I'll buy it for you. Don't embarrass me with your casual wear." She arrogantly said.

"I won't." Tzuyu replied shortly and ended the call.

Sana was taken aback by Tzuyu's antics. She was perplexed by the way Tzuyu was talking to her. Usually, she could feel the bright, playful, and mischievous replies coming out of him, and despite the fact that they were enough to annoy her, she was more willing to face them than face a grumpy and hostile reaction from him. What the hell is wrong with that brat?

As for Tzuyu, as soon as he ended the phone call with Sana, he could not help but laugh at the situation in which he was involved right now. The more he assessed it, the funnier everything became.

The Minatozaki Sana, undoubtedly think lowly of him, not knowing that he is one of the heirs of Asia's leading tycoon, the Chou Family. His family is even listed as one of the world's most influential conglomerates and is even wealthier than the Minatozaki family.

What Sana said earlier does not affect him at all if that is what she intended to do. But one thing that Sana did that still offends him is that she looked down on him for being a restaurant owner. She made him feel like he was useless, hopeless, and had no direction in life.