The proposal

It was a day like any other day, you went to work and so did Luke. Luke usually got home before you so you expected just a relaxed evening with your boyfriend, same old same old. But when you got home there were rose petals everywhere candles were the only light that lit the house. You gasped at what Luke did. As you walked into the dinning room Luke was waiting there with an amazing home cooked dinner. You walked over to him and asked " what's all of this about?", Luke just smiled and said "tonight is about you, it'll be a surprise". You smiled and walked over to your seat. Luke pulled your chair out for you and you thanked him sweetly. He took his seat across from you and you two began eating. Through out the meal you and Luke talked about how your day was at work. Near the end of dinner Luke started to get fidgety and it looked like he was nervous about something. " babe are you okay?" You asked now worried about his response."yeah, I'm okay I'm just a little nervous" he replied with a shaky voice. You had a worried look on your face but then Luke said "don't worry it's nothing bad. And well I guess I should just get it over with". Luke pulled a red velvet box out from behind his back. You gasped. You couldn't believe that Luke was going to propose. You already had years in your eyes and he didn't even say anything yet. " y/n we've been together for 4 years and these 4 years have been the best years of my life. I wouldn't change anything about these 4 years except for one thing. I want to change your last name. So I'm showing my love for you by asking. Will you marry me and make me the happiest man on earth?" You nodded your head because you couldn't get any words out. He stood up and slipped the ring onto your finger and hugged you tightly. Luke whispered into your ear "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you" and with that you looked and Luke and said " me too" . You and Luke shared a passionate kiss. You knew that Luke was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with and you wouldn't change a thing about your life right now.