.2

Matt's pov

I spend most of my time either doing patrols, working out or hanging out with Ethan. He's the alpha and my best friend.

As I said before I don't talk much, he's really the only person who I talk to. I also spend some time with James, the beta. Us three are pretty close.

-  27/3 -

"Matt, I'm letting you know that we have someone coming to the pack house today. A human. Please let the rest of the border watchers know to let her in." Ethan mind linked me.

"Sure thing alpha. May I ask who this visitor is?"

"She is James' step sister who doesn't know about shifters. She thinks this is a special living community so please don't slip up."

"I promise I won't."

I never knew that James had a human step sister, but I will make sure that she is safe. She is a part of the family that took me in. So I must serve in return. 

- 6:30 pm -

For the last couple of hours of my patrol Bryan has been clawing and struggling to get out. It's giving me a headache and I can't get to the reason why. He's cut off communication between us. I just want him to settle down before I have to go back to my cabin.

Yes I have a cabin. All the warriors live outside of the pack house around the border. This is to help protect the pack at night or during an attack.

"Matt, sir, someone has breached the border. A human," another warrior mind linked me. 

"Stand down. That's the beta's step sister. I will be there to walk her to the beta's quarters."

As I walked down to the front my hands got sweaty. I know I'm an already anxious person but I was panicking for some reason. Bryan wanted out and I just wanted to go to sleep.
But as I made it to the front gate I was flooded with the scent of pears and honey. I almost couldn't think anymore.

When I got to the front gate I saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. So small and tiny. She could fit perfectly in my arms, I thought.

Her long brown hair was a little bit messy but perfect in every sense. She had cute freckles covering her cheeks. And her eyes; they were gorgeous, mesmerising. Beautiful.

My god.

She's my mate.

And I can't even say a word to her.