Chapter Nine

Jason came to Lucy's house in his parents car about ten in the morning.
He knocked on the door and her parents answered.
"Hi Jason." Her father said and he shook Bill's hand.
"Morning sir, Mrs. Adams." He greeted.
"Lucy is getting ready, she'll be down shortly." Allison said and Jason gave a quick nod.
Lucy came down the stairs a few minutes later, with her bags and her odd fashion style.
Jason smiled as he watched her, while Lucy's farther noticed the admiration Jason had for his daughter.
She wore pink rubber flip-flops, a white skirt decorated with blue strawberries and a green shirt with her odd little necklace.
Jason took her bags and put them in the car.
Lucy said goodbye to her parents and got in the car with Jason.
"Are you ready?" He asked and she nodded.
"Where are we going?"
"To my brother's place."
"No, he's too mean." She protested.
"Don't worry, he rarely ever uses the place and besides, we'll be going to the house he owns on the coast of Los Angeles." Jason explained.
Lucy let out a sigh of relief.
Jason smiled at her and they drove off.
Lucy stuck her hand out of the car window as they drove and moved it along with the wind.
They talked about novels, music, movies and about all that they want to do.
"I want to stand underneath a waterfall before I die." Jason said.
"What about you?" He asked.
Lucy sighed heavily before taking a deep breath.
"There's so many things and so little time."
"There must be something you want to do above all else." He said.
Lucy thought for a moment before a smile appeared on her lips.
"I'd like to hear you play the piano, I want to kiss you and I'd like to eat a big Crowdy burger at Joe's."
Jason looked over at her with a serious, yet sad expression.
"Yeah, that sounds wonderful and very agreeable to me."
They arrived at Christopher's beach house after dark.
It was quite a big place and the lighta were on since the servants always cleaned the house.
They took care of it everyday to make sure it doesn't pile up dust.
"Are we here?" Lucy asked as Jason helped her out of the car.
"Yeah... It's a big place with a nice sitting area and it's quite open." He described.
Lucy took hold of his arm as he walked with her to the house.
"Olivia, it's nice to see you." Jason greeted.
Olivia was one of the older servants who worked long for his brother.
"What are you doing here sir Jason?" She asked in a thick Mexican accent.
"Christopher told me we could spend the holiday here. He is quite busy so I won't bother him with it too much." He said and Olivia folded her arms as she looked at him.
"Trust me." He said with a smile.
"Alright sir, but no parties."
"Of course not, it's just me and Lucy." Jason said and looked over at Lucy who stood next to him, gripping his arm.
"Nice to meet you Miss." Olivia said and Lucy shook her hand while reaching for it.
"Same." She said.
After the servants left, Lucy asked Jason what that was all about.
"Mind telling me why she just casually allowed you in without your brother knowing?" Lucy asked.
Jason chuckled as he walked her inside the house.
"Chris and I were close at one point and he usually brought me here to this house on holidays. We had a fun time and Olivia was by his side since the beginning, we are well acquainted." He explained and Lucy nodded.
She took her shoes off and left them by the door.
"Do you want me to take you on a tour of the house?" He asked.
"Yes."
Jason led her through the house, showing her where the bathrooms are, the bedrooms, the kitchen and the relaxing area.
It was quite a large place but not big enough to get lost in.
"Would you like to join me outside? I'll make dinner." He said.
"Yeah, why not." Lucy smiled.
Lucy unpacked her bags and settled in before she went outside to join Jason.
He already made a fire and they waited for it cool off before he placed the meat on the grill.
"What is our menu for tonight?" She asked.
"Lamb chops with garlic bread and salad." He said while he stood over the fire with a duck apron on.
"Hhhmmm.... Sounds great."
"Lucy can I ask you something?"
"I'm expecting that you're going to anyway."
"Are you sure there was nothing between you and Nick?"
"Jason, Nick and I are just friends and we always were. Besides, he told me a couple of days ago that he did like me."
"Yeah... I thought he did." Jason said while grilling the chops on the fire.
"He aslo told me he is gay." She said and Jason shot her a shocked look.
"G-gay??"
"I know right, I never expected that from him. He told me that he did like me, but told me that he still likes be because he didn't trust you at first." She explained.
"I guess some people really do change more than you'd expect them to." Jason commented while turning the meat.
A few minutes later they both ate an agreeable meal and Jason cleaned everything up.
"Are you ready for something thrilling?" Jason asked as he walked over to Lucy with a wide smile on his lips.
"Depends... What do you have in mind?" She asked.
"Midnight swim under the moon and stars." He suggested and she gasped.
"Yeah, you'll probably just want to stay inside though." He said and attempted to walk away, before Lucy took hold of his shirt's sleeve.
"Who said anything about staying inside? We came here to have fun didn't we, so let's have some fun." She said and walked past himto her room.
She returned a few minutes later with a one piece bathing suit that had little fruits on it.
Jason took her hand and chuckled.
"What?" She asked.
"You look like a fruit daiquiri."He said and she laughed.
"Why thank you and right now I'm gonna take my fruits in the water." She said with a smile.
Jason only stared at her, she looked better than beautiful.
There was no word he could find to describe it.
"Jason... I'm going to need some coordination here." She said before walking to the water.
Jason walked over to her until he stood right behind her.
"You can't go wrong by going straight." He whispered in her ear while gently placing both hands on her hips.
He walked with her until the cold rush of salty water, washed over her feet.
Lucy flinched, but slowly walked in with Jason, who held her hand.
They swam together and Jason guided her through the waving waters, while holding onto her waist as she laid on her back.
Lucy laughed as Jason dragged her across the water.
Her laughter was like a sweet melody to him as he looked at her.
After a while of swimming, chasing and complete silliness, they got out of the ocean.
Lucy turned to Jason and even though he knew she couldn't see him, it felt like she was look right at him.
"You know... I didn't expect to keep on fighting... Until I met you." She said.
His face grew serious as he admired the fine contour lines of her face.
"Jason, will you kiss me?" She asked.
Without hesitation, he moved forward and took her head between both his hands and pulled her closer to him.
He leaned in and gently pressed his lips against hers.
The kiss turned into a passionate make out session, that led them to one of the rooms in the house.
Jason slowly slipped her swim suit off and threw his on the ground.
His hands kissed her shoulders and back as they grazed over her soft skin.
He admired every touch and every kiss.
Lucy closed her eyes and excepted each rush of emotion that came over her, as her hands went over his chest and muscles.
She smiled while feeling every part of his body and kissing her way to his mouth.
While she stood there in front of him, he looked at her eyes and kissed every scar visible.
The two of them shared a wonderful night together, becoming one with body and soul.
Lucy woke up the next morning, laying on her stomach, naked under the sheets.
She stretched and rubbed her eyes before turning on her side.
Lucy smiled as she sat there, recalling every memory she shared with Jason.
She noticed Jason wasn't next to her when she felt the empty side of the bed.
"For where in my life have I seen such beauty? Have God answered my prayers, giving me an angel to admire, or has he forsaken me in the drowning waters of endless love I carry for you?" Jason said as he came walking in the room, with a tray of food.
He came walking to her and sat the tray in front of her before kissing her cheek.
"Tilton..." She answered with a smile, recognizing the quote from the book Arthur Tilton wrote.
"Yes, my little nerd." He said.
She leaned over the tray and took a deep breath.
"Toast, bacon, fruits and... I'm getting some... Is that cheese sausage?" She asked.
"You're amazing. Yes, I've never seen you have a lunch without them and figured that you must like it a lot." He replied.
Lucy smiled in return as she took a bite from the bacon.
Jason kissed the top of her head and sat down next to her.
"Jason..." She said with a sigh, causing him to look at her.
"Last night..."
"It was the most incredible night of my life." He added quickly.
"Yes... It was, but it was also the first time I've shared myself with anyone."
"I know Lucy and that's why it was so special, you chose me to give it to and I feel honored."
"Thank you, I guess, but I do have a question."
Jason waited patiently for her to ask, giving her his full attention.
"I have felt every inch of your body and I kind of have a picture or an image of you in my head."
"And?" He said with  smirk.
"You're really attractive and good looking, plus you have an amazing body..." She said while inhaling sharply.
"Yes, what about it?" He asked.
"You can have any girl, looking like that, why would you choose a blind girl who can't even see you?"
Jason came closer to her until his face was inches from hers.
"Simple, you don't want me for my looks. You want me for the real person I am inside and not the image I give off. You see the real me without looking at the outside, that makes you more special and more beautiful than any other girl that came across my path." He said.
Lucy smiled while lifting her head to kiss him.
"That was my nose..." He laughed before kissing her.
That day, Lucy and Jason spend the day together.
They played chess, walked on the beach and Jason took photos of every moment they spend together.
Later that night he told Lucy to get ready, cause they're going to a festival nearby at the beach.
He waited for her outside her room, when she suddenly opened the door wearing a turquoise/green dress.

Jason's eyes widened and his breath got caught in his throat, while he gazed upon her

"Jason?" She asked and he moved a little closer to her.
"S-shall we g-go?" He stuttered.
"What's with the stutter?" Lucy asked with a little chuckle.
"Simply because you're breathtaking." He complimented.
"Thank you."
"My Lady..." Jason said as he offered his arm out to her.
Lucy accepted it and walked woth him outside.
"The festival is just a few blocks up, I hope you don't mind walking?" He asked.
"Jason, you know I love to walk." She replied.
Half and hour later, they arrived at the party.
There was a bonfire, people were dancing, night surfing, doing tricks like juggling fire sticks and preforming a small concert.
"It sounds pretty loud." Lucy commented.
Jason took her through the crowds and out on the dance floor, where the two of them laughed and danced.
They enjoyed the night throughly and each other's company.
"Get ready!" Someone shouted.
"What's happening?" Lucy asked and Jason smiled at her as he took her hand.
"Come with me." He whispered while leading her through the crowds.
He stood behind her, holding her waist while putting his chin on her shoulder.
"Just stand here with me." He whispered in her ear.
"Jason... Is something going on?" She asked.
"They're about to do the firework display." He answered.
Suddenly the first one was released, creating a loud cracking sound in the air before popping in the sky.
Lucy gasped as she lifted her head up.
"What does it look like?" She asked.
"Imagine the black sky above, seeing fireworks is like watching a million sparkling stars, exploding into all kinds of colors. Now imagine it spreading around the sky like a flower of stars, shining in a glittering form of different flowers detonating over each other as the colors dims down to the water, causing the reflection of a rainbow to twinkle over the waving ocean waters. "He said softly.
Lucy smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek.
She turned to him and took ofc her dark glasses.
"Thanks Jason, I saw that." She said while tapping her head.
He leaned down and kissed her on the lips.
The holidays flew by quicker than they began and soon it was time for them to go back.
"All set?" Jason asked as Lucy came out of the house.
She nodded and he opened the door for her.
"I think we'll go see Nick when we get back." Jason suggested.
"Where is this coming from?" Lucy asked with a little smile.
"I thought I felt a little rivalry from his side, but now that I know he bats for the other team, I just feel I need to apologize for my behavior last time." He said.
Lucy placed a hand on his thigh causing his whole body to stiffen as he started the car.
After a few hours and a long, relaxing drive later they arrived at home.
The two unloaded their bags and greeted their parents before heading to Nick's house.
Jason knocked on the door and Nick had a little sour look on his face when he saw Jason standing next to Lucy.
"Hi Nicky!" She said before embracing him.
"Hey man." Jason greeted while shaking his hand.
"Why are you here?" He asked.
"I just came to apologize for last time, Lucy told me." Jason said.
"Told you what?" He asked with a little frown on his face.
"I told him that you're gay."
"What!? Lucy! That was between us." He said while freaking out a little.
"Calm down dude, I'm not going to tell anyone so don't worry. What do you say we go out and catch a few fishes?" Jason suggested with a wide smile.
After a few minutes of debating, Nick agreed and the three of them went to the lake.
Jason and Nick had a deep talk while they sat on the boat.
"Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?" Nick asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I didn't exactly get a friendly vibe the first time we met."
"That's only cause I thought you were hitting on Lucy, I guess jealously is a pretty nasty thing." Jason admitted.
The two of them laughed over it and they all had a great afternoon.
Jason toom Lucy home afterwards and walked her inside.
"Hi Jason!" Allison greeted.
"Hello Mrs. Adams." He smiled.
"I'll see you tomorrow, thanks for everything." Lucy said.
Jason smiled and kissed Lucy on the lips before both her parents.
"What was that?!" Her mother asked, sounding excited as Jason walked out of the door and drove off.
"Nothing, going to bed." She said with flushed cheeks and went to her room.