Chaper Four

Jason got to school rather early and waited for Lucy at the gate like usual.
"Hey man.." Goose said as he walked alongside Bobby.
"Hey guys." Jason greeted them.
"Waiting for your girl?" Bobby asked with a little smirk.
"She's not my girl, she's a girl who's my friend." He corrected.
"You can deny it all you want my friend, but we can see through you." Goose said as he poked Jason in the chest.
He sighed and smiled at their silliness.
"Why don't you come over to our place tonight dude? It's weekend and my folks are in Oakland." Bobby said.
"Yeah, sure that sounds great." Jason agreed.
"Awesome, I'll pick you up at seven tonight." He said before walking away with Goose.
A few minutes later the bell rang for class to begin and Lucy was no where to be seen.
Jason slowly slumped through the halls to his locker.
He opened it and got out the books he needed for his day to begin.
"Hey Jason." A soft voice said next to him, he slowly turned his head and looked at a lovely girl with long black hair.
"Hi Veronica, how are you." He said and she smiled at him.
She was the hottest girl in the school and every guy was lining uo to date her, all except for the sexiest guy... Jason.
"I'm good thanks for asking. Listen I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me sometime?" She asked.
"No thanks, I've got a concert in a couple of weeks and I need to prepare for it." He politely declined.
"Oh... Maybe next time. I'll see you around and say hi often." She said.
Jason only smiled, knowing that it was a quote from Roger Hemming's novel The Lady in the blue dress.
"Life would be worth living if you spotted me everyday and I saw you as often as you proclaim." He responded.
Veronica's face turned red and she looked up at him with wide shocking eyes.
"W-what? Jason? That's so kind of you to-"
"You quoted something out of a novel I like and I just replied to what one of the characters the book said. Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or to make you think that I'm interested." He said.
"Of course you're not." She said in a snotty tone.
"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked.
"You've been hanging around with that blind bitch!"
"Don't. Ever. Call her that." He warned.
"Jason, we should be together. I mean, we do make a good couple and we look great together." She said as she stepped forward.
"You wouldn't want to date a girl like her." She said.
Jason snapped, he slammed his locker shut and walked away, looking very disgusted with Veronica.
The loud noise from the locker door being slammed before Veronica's face, caused her to flinch and everyone's attention were on her the moment Jason walked away.
"Why did he do that?" Jessy asked as she came over to Veronica to help.
"I don't know, but looks like that little blind idiot haven't learn her lesson the last time I warned her to stay away from Jason."
All day, Jason's mood was down and he barely said a word to his friends.
He ignore everyone, his mind was constantly on Lucy.
"Very good Mr. Hops. Now let's hear from, Ah, Jason." Mr. Brown said and Jason looked up.
"Yes sir?" He asked, clearly confused about the matter which they were discussing.
"I want you to repeat the last lines from our book, Love shattered bottle." Mr. Brown said and Jason gave a quick nod.
"All hear, my love, I write to you on this piece of paper hoping that my message will find you. Wherever you are in life, know that my love will stay as constant as the stars in the sky.
The love I have for you, will never whither, even if the petals of my shriveled heart keep on falling." He finished.
All the girls looked impressed and smiled at him as their heads were turned.
"Eyes forward people!" Mr. Brown said.
During lunch, Jason tried to call Lucy but she wasn't picking up.
He even left messages to her and tried to call her mother.
"Jason!" Bobby called.
"One second." He said when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Calling isn't gonna do you good if you can't get through to her. Go and see her after school." Goose said.
Jason smiled at him and stopped calling.
Meanwhile Lucy heard and felt her phone ringing off the hook.
"It's Jason again, are you sure you don't want to tell him?" Her mother asked.
"Mom, please. He doesn't need it and it would be best if I distance myself from him now." She said and he mother nodded.
"I hope this guy will help us with her constant mood of depression when she's alone." Her father said while driving the car.
Jason hurried out of the school gates and to Lucy's house.
He took the bus to her place, onlg to find that it was locked and all the lights were off.
He knocked as he stood on the front porch.
"Mr. And Mrs. Adams!?" He said but heard no response.
Jason walked to the side of the house and saw that the driveway was empty.
He frowned while making his way around the house, he walked to the back of the house and knocked on the door.
"Hello!?" He said while attempting to opeb the door, but it was locked as well.
"Lucy! Are you there!? Will you let me in, please!?" He said.
"They left town." Someone said and Jason turned around, only to see an old man sitting on his porch, in a rocking chair, smoking a pipe.
The fence between the two houses weren't very big and Jason walked over to it while looking at the old man.
"Good day sir, I'm a friend and I'm really worried. Can you tell me where they went?" He asked.
He blew smoke out of his mouth and looked at Jason with narrow eyes.
"Son, you need to get home. This family is not one you should get mixed up in." The old man said.
"Sir, please. They have a daughter and I'm just worried about her." He said.
The old man sighed and walked down his porch, over to the fence.
His grey hair was combed neatly and his mustache, groomed.
"Come here son." He said and Jason leaned forward.
"I've known Bill and Allison for almost twenty years and their little girl, Lucy is a fine spirited girl. The last thing that any of them would want, is to drag you down with them." He said.
"What does that mean?" Jason asked.
"Nothing, look, they drove out of town to see a doctor in Boston."
"Do you know the address?" Jason asked.
The old man invited him inside his house and gave him a small piece of paper with the address and phone number on it.
"What's wrong? Why would they go and see a doctor?" Jason asked.
"I'm not the one you should be hearing it from son." He said.
"Thank you." Jason said before leaving.
He got home and stormed through the front door.
"Jason, dinner is ready!" His mother said.
"I'll eay later, thanks!" He answered while running upstairs to his room.
He dialed the number and heard it ringing on the other side.
"Doctor Blake's office, Boston Hospital how may I help you?" The woman asked.
"Hi, I'm looking for Lucy Adams, is she there?" He asked.
"One moment please..." She said.
Jason was placed on hold for a while.
"Hi Jason..."
"Who's this?" He asked.
"It's Allison, Lucy's mother." She said and Jason let out a sigh of relief.
"Oh Miss Adams, I'm glad I got through to you. I just want to know if Lucy is alright?" He asked.
"Yes, she just has a little hick up with her health. That's why we're here and we're fixing it, we'll be back next week." She answered.
"That's good to hear. I was so worried, the old man next door gave me the number and address." He said.
"Oh, yes, Bernie. He's a good friend.
Once the house next to him opened up, he called immediately."
"I'm relieved that everything's well, I'll call again tomorrow." He said and ended the call.
Alicen walked back to one of the rooms where Lucy was laying.
"What did he say?" Lucy asked.
"He was really worried sweetie."
"I know, that's why we can't stay here longer. I have to go back." She said.
"Honey, listen to me. We need to eradicate this and there's only one way to do that."
"No! I'm not going through that again I just wanna live my life, for a while. Please.... If things get really bad we can come back." She said and her mother started crying while hugging her father.
"Don't worry guys, it's gonna be fine." Lucy assured them, to which they smiled at her.
The weekend came and Jason went with Goose to Bobby's house.
"Hey guys!" Bobby said while Goose and Jason walked over to his car that was parked outside Jason's house.
"We're gonna have a lot of fun tonight!" Bobby said as they got in.
"What have you planned?" Jason asked.
"You guys brought your Laptops right?" Bobby made sure.
"Yeah of course, you asked us to." Goose said.
"Good, cause we're gonna lan the shit out of them and Jason, if you're up to it, maybe I could take us to a bar and we can play pool." Bobby suggested to which Jason just laughed.
"Bobby, look, you know I hate attacking girls for you guys. It's just a waste of time."
"For you yeah, cause you can get any girl, but for us losers, it's not." He said.
"Fine." Jason agreed.
"Yahoo!!!!" Goose and Bobby shouted.
That night Jason was having a good time with his friends and of course he did as they asked, but he had to kiss a few girls in order to make it happen.
One girl said that she would sleep with Bobby if Jason kissed her and grabbed her ass.
Now since girls were a big thing to Bobby, Jason didn't mind doing it for his friends.
The next morning, Jason woke up and walked to Bobby's kitchen.
Goose was sleeping on the couch, while two girls was laying on either side of Bobby, on a air mattress.
Jason shook his head with a sigh as he poured himself a cup of coffee.
He walked over to Bobby and smiled before taking his coffee outside.
He stood in the doorway, drinking it as his mind drifted off to Lucy.
"Wow, who knew you had a body like that?" Goose asked while he looked at Jason who was standing shirtless.
"I told you guys, ballet is not gay." He said with a smirk.
"You're telling me, you have a body like that because of ballet?!" Goose asked with an astounded look on his face.
"Yeah, and gymnastics." Jason answered.
"When do I start?"
Jason laughed out loud while Goose stepped out to join him.
"It's not that simple, with sports like this you need to start at a very young age. Your muscles have to grow into the exercise and the positions you're doing. To start now would take a lot of work, since your muscles are already formed." Jason explained and Goose faked snoring.
"I'm sorry, it felt like I was back in fitness class." He said.
The girls woke up and almost drooled over Jason's body.
He decided that it was quite repulsive for him to witness, so he went to put on a shirt.
"I should probarly get going." Goose said after a while.
"Mind taking me with you?" Jason asked.
"Nope, let's go."
Bobby walked both Goose and Jason out to the door.
"Thanks for a nice weekend guys, I'll see you at school." Bobby said.
Goose took the bus and Jason went his own way after walking with Goose to the bus stop.
He was feeling quite depressed and could think of only one place to make him feel better.
He went to that red house where the white piano was and slowly played a sad melody.
"Lucy... Please come back soon." He said softly while his hands glided over the keys, creating a sweet sound.
"What are you doing here?" A voice asked and Jason looked to his right, only to see a boy about his age standing there.
"Hey, I thought this place was abandoned sorry." Jason said before getting up to leave.
"No, it is abandoned but no one ever comes here." He said.
"Forgive me, I came here with a girl once. I just wanted to think of her for a while in a place we visited together." Jason said while looking at the ground with sad eyes.
"Wait a minute, you're Jason?" The boy asked, sounding a bit surprised.
"How do you know my name?"
"Lucy told me."
Jason's eyes went wide and he hastily walked over to the boy.
"You know Lucy!?"
"Yes, we've been friends since kindergarten." He said with a little smile.
"How? I mean she just moved here?" Jason said with confusion.
"Yeah... It's complicated. She trusts you, so I guess I will too. My name's Nick Timmit." He said reaching out his hand to greet Jason.
Jason was hesitant at first, but he shook the boy's hand.
He was taller than Jason, black hair, brown eyes and nearly as handsome.
He wasn't unattractive and looked very good, nice muscle build as well.
"Nice to meet you." Jason said.
"Come take a walk with me." Nick offered.
Jason walked out of the house with him and followed him into the streets.
"Where are we going?" Jason asked.
"There's a lake nearby where Lucy and I use to play." Nick answered.
"I've never seen you around school?"
"Oh, I go to school in reservation. I wanted to switch the moment I heard that Lucy moved here, but my mother said it would be too much of a hassle." Nick explained to which Jason just nodded.
"I see and did she come and see you yet?" Jason asked.
"Yeah, lots of times." His answer caused Jason to stop and Nick to turn around.
"What's wrong?" Nick asked.
"Lucy and I have been spending a lot of time together." He said.
"Yeah, I noticed."
"Then how is it that she came to see you when she was spending weekends and afternoon's with me?" Jason questioned.
"Oh, let me explain."
"Yeah please elaborate..." Jason said.
"Lucy came here in the middle of last year, she said that her parents moved here in order to be closer to their jobs and Bernie got them a house right next to him." Nick said.
The two of them walked until they reached the lake.
"Beautiful isn't it?" Nick asked as Jason watched the sun setting over the water, creating millions of sparkles in shades of orange and yellow.
"She's been here since last year and the school said they couldn't take another student so last minute. It was around the time when exams began, so it was a little difficult. They said she was gonna have to wait for next year and so she did." Nick explained while taking a seat on a large stump.
"Please...." He said, showing Jason that the empty spot next to him was not occupied.
Jason slowly sat down next to Nick and sighed.
"How did you meet Lucy?" Jason asked, seeing a smile appear on Nick's face.
"Well Bernie is a friend of Lucy's grandma and she lived near that area. Whenever they came to visit her, Lucy would come along and we would always play together."
"Yeah, but you said you were in kindergarten with her?" Jason asked.
"I was, she lived here at the time and moved away shortly after. We were great friends, but never saw each other often due to the distance." He explained.
"I see and... Did you two ever..."
"What?"
"You know... Have a relationship?"
"Not like that, no, we are just good friends. She's like a sister to me, although I'll never forget the first time I saw her." Nick said as he smiled.
"Here..." He said handing Jason four black and white photos of him and Lucy in a photo booth.
"Her hair was long?" Jason asked.
"Of course it was and it was so beautiful. We were about four when that was taken." Nick commented.
"Wait a minute.... She wasn't blind?" Jason asked.
"No."
"I'm a little worried about her." He confessed.
"Who wouldn't be."
"What does that mean?" Jason asked.
"Everything went backwards after the illness." Nick said with a sad face.
"What illness?"
"Oh no, she didn't tell you?"
"Tell me what?" Jason asked.
"Nothing, I've got to go." Nick said and ran away as fast as he could.
Jason could've ran after him, but was still a little confused about everything.