Rule #6: Family Comes First

Rule #6:  Family Comes First

                Family always comes first, even in dating. Some of you may be wondering what has family to do with dating? 

                Simple, you can’t date a boy without the consent of your parents. There’s a difference between you can’t and you won’t. ‘You can’t’ mean you are not allowed to. ‘You won’t’ mean that you keep or stop yourself from dating this certain boy behind your parents’ backs.  Your parents always wish the best for you even though their decisions seems harsh most of the time.

                Let’s move more into the subject, shall we?

First of all I’ll start with you girls. Picture this:

Your sister, for example, likes a boy and she told you that she really likes him and she has a huge crush on him. But this boy didn’t like your sister but liked you instead and he asked you out. What would you do?  Simple, don’t date the boy. You just can’t date him. Even if you have a crush on him you shouldn’t date him like that. After all, a boy should not be the cause for two sisters to separate or stop being friends and hate each other. You sister comes first, always remember that.

Another example, your ex dumped you to go for your sister. What would you feel if your sister accepted being his girlfriend?  Hurt? Betrayal? You can’t let that happen and your sister should not accept dating him.

A final example, both sisters like the same guy and he didn’t choose which sister to date yet. Those kinds of guys are poo-poo heads. Seriously, how awful is that? When a guy is confused which sister to date! You should never accept dating a guy in the same category and even if you and your sister liked him, you two should oblige yourself stop dating him. With time, your crush will fade.

I talked about sisters because it happens most of the time. But it can also happen with cousins and you should follow the same rules unless you and your cousins aren’t close.

Second of all, I’ll continue with you boys:

                The same examples also apply on brothers but with the same girl instead.

Talking seems very easy, telling people how to manage in those kinds of situations always seem the easiest thing to do but in reality putting things in actions is very difficult and hard thing to do.  So, to keep yourself from screwing up what you had planned take a deep breath and exhale and prepare yourself for when the time come you don’t chicken out and change your mind.

Feelings are so hard to control. Most of the time you find yourself crushing on the wrong person and you cannot help yourself! But sometimes a little self-control can make you stop these feelings or at least decrease the intensity felt.

Even though most the time the person you love or like in your teenage years isn’t going to marry you, he or she will always be stuck in your memory and you will remember later in your adult life those people and laugh at your stupidity and sometimes regret ever going out with this or these persons –I am not some old lady talking, I am just sixteen but this is how I think I will do in the future, you know, remember your teenage relationships—and you always want to have good memories or moments to enjoy.

As I was saying before, sometimes you go out with a guy that your parents think he is not good enough for you and not good at all and then you will discover that your parents are right, and that you regretted dating him in first place for many different reasons. And sometimes, it can be the contrary you can never know but the least you could do is listen to an older person advice—especially if they dated before you.

As for boys, if your sister or brother warns you about some girl that you like. Listen to them.                                                            

My mind seems empty like a blank page.

 What would you do if you really like a boy that your parents don’t approve of dating him?

©       Keep nagging on your parents and convince them this boy is good, that the rumors that were spread about him are wrong.

©       Invite the boy to dinner and introduce him to your parents. After telling your parents first, of course, you wouldn’t want to get your parents really angry and eat the boy like hungry piranhas.

©       Don’t get attached to the boy. Keep some distance for a while then take some time to tell your parents that you really like him—hopefully they will give you their consent. But don’t get your hopes up. Most of the time they don’t change their minds. Parents are stubborn I tell you—very stubborn.

©       Don’t show them you’re very affected by him, they will directly think that he influence you in a bad way.

©       Deal with it.

 You invited a boy to a family dinner and you’re afraid your family is going to embarrass the butterflies out of you?  

Here are some tips you can try to follow:

§  Go hide your entire baby pictures, until it is impossible to find them.

§  Threaten your brothers or sisters to not tell your new boyfriend your fortunate adventures in the awkward world.

§  Beg your parents to keep your embarrassing stories hidden in the depth of their selves.

Girls encounter more problems in dating than boys do, especially when it comes to the family. We all know how parents are more protective toward girls than boys. But of course, boys are not forgotten; you need to get your mother or your sister’s approval towards the girl you are dating.

But when it's comes to dating, after your parents approval of course, you can't let anyone control your relationship with your current boyfriend or girlfriend. That's how it goes. It is your relationship and your life.

That's all I have to say about the family subject.

                Just a reminder, don't date someone based on his or her appearance. The inside is more important than the outside and sometimes the good that can someone hold can really radiates from them and make you forget how they look. What you are looking for in a person is his respect, things in common you have with him or the difference you find in yourselves.

                That was Rule #6 of Dating For Dummies, vote and comment please?