Rule #5: The Friend Zone & Clichés

I had a huge writer block and this rule probably sucks. And sorry for the grammar mistakes!

The Friend Zone. Three words that every one of us has suffered from. It's just unbelievable how these words are so annoying to someone and so grateful for another.

Let's see if you can relate to one of these situations and check the results:

- You like a guy that only considers you as a friend? Confront him or be his friend forever.

- You like a girl that only considers you as a brother? You're doomed. When a girl see you as a brother. You are a brother forever.

- You have a crush on someone that doesn't give you the chance or the courage to admit your feelings? Grow some cheese and be a man or a wo-man!

- The person you like is a lot older than you? It's rare for a girl to date someone a lot younger than her. But if you're a girl and you have a crush on a guy older than you (5 years or 6 or 7 ages difference between you two), he can consider you as a younger sister or a kid. If you're in high school, better not date college guys. Trust me, most of the times when college guys date high school girls, they are players or they're using the girls for something. I typed most to clarify that not all of them are. There's still hope out there!

My smart definition of 'THE FRIEND ZONE':

Zone: It's a place where you cannot trespass.

Friend: A well know acquaintance.

The Friend Zone: It's a territory for friends that you're stuck in. Meanings, you cannot be more than friends. That's a shame or a blessing.

Let's start with the 'being stuck in the friend zone' is considered awful. You have to endure practically a while sitting next your crush, seeing him or her every day knowing that you cannot be more than friends and you hold your feelings back knowing that when you keep oblige yourself to stop feeling that way toward someone increase your feelings towards him or her and that sucks.

So all you have to do is brace yourself for the reject and the pain or the happiness and the bliss and say it. Say that you like him or her and stop worrying about what his or her answer will be.

Being stuck in this zone is very hard but knowing you cannot do anything about it is harder, or is it? Sometimes, when you can't do anything about it, you should let go.

How is 'being stuck in the friend zone' makes you happy?

How you met someone clingy? So clingy that he or she cannot understand the definition of personal space.

Who would've believed that being stuck in the friend zone has his benefits?

Well, I do. Trust me, when you have a boy or a girl on your tail who does not understand that you don't want to be more then friends and he or she keeps repeating 'I like you' and 'Can we be more then friends?' until you crack and you accept going out on that one date. That one date that make them hope for more, and after that date is finished and you pretend like nothing happened, they keep pestering you and reminding you that you went on a date with them.

Finally, you stand up and tell them that you do not like them that way or you will never for that matter. And here is the problem, the hurt on their faces that keep haunting wherever you go and you cannot stop thinking about the rejection and what will you do if you were in their place. You can't stop thinking about the ifs...

What to do? What to do?

It's your decision. You don't want to be in relationship with someone you won't and can't like more than a friend. Eventually, you'll fall in a depression and you'll hate the person you had become. And if you are dating someone just to not hurt his or her feelings, it will not work.

And don't date someone you do not even like because it will not work. And even if you regret hurting someone feelings, the relationship will not work in both ways, so just don't overthink, do what you feel is right. End of discussion.

Remember that most of teenage relationships are not serious so don't expect to marry your first boyfriend or girlfriend.

Honestly, there aren't many steps or ways to avoid being stuck in the friend zone, so just do what you feel is right about your crush.

How do you know you are stuck in The Friend Zone?

© If you are friends with your crush, and he or she keeps saying that he or she has a crush on someone and they tell you their name.

© When you feel like you're the third wheel with your crush and his or her romantic interest.

© When you are ignored all the time.

© When your crush keeps texting on his or her phone and you feel unwanted.

© Being ignored.

© Your crush keeps treating you like a brother or sister.

© Being ignored.

© And finally the moment of you staring at your crush and him staring at you or behind you to find out that he is actually starring at his so called girlfriend.

That's all I know about 'The Friend Zone'.

♥''''''''''''' ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ '''''''''''♥

Now, about the clichés, these do not happen in real life, it is so rare to find a popular guy dating an unpopular girl. Bad boys do exist in reality but not as the way that they are described in every teen fiction story. Bad boys do drugs, they abuse people and they do illegal stuff that I don't know.

It's just, you cannot expect a very popular guy to genuinely date someone who is not popular and if he dates her, it could be a dare or to win a bet.

As much as we want to believe that those kinds of clichés do exist in reality, they don't. And that's one of the reasons we read stories to escape reality and imagine a world on our own.

In reality, the girl or the boy who has his or her head in a book all the time remains unnoticed or bullied verbally. The girl or the boy who dresses weird, are considered gothics or a certain category.

Every person in high school has his problem to deal with and but it's not as dramatic as the ones in the book. After all, perfect boys only exist in books and you cannot expect a guy to treat you like a princess or be as perfect as the ones in the books.

There are plenty of hopeless romantics out there, and I am one of them. But sometimes you have to know the difference between the real world and the books. Reality sucks but that's how it is you cannot change it. And players stay the same. Many girls try to go out with them in hope to change them into a better person but unfortunately many girls end up heartbroken instead.

In hopes to be happy, go for a guy who treats you right, with respect and always faithful. Nobody is perfect but at least he should make you happy or at least try to.

Always keep your guard up when you first meet a guy; you never know what his intentions are. After spending time with him and making sure he's not using you in any way, start opening up to him, remember slowing but surely and if he left directly - that means he wanted to use you or didn't like you or couldn't consider you as his match.

As for friendships after break-ups, most of them do not work. So if you don't like your ex don't try to be friends with him. It is that simple.

That's all I've got to say for this rule, vote please?