Rule #3: First Dates

Rule #3  First Dates

        I can’t wait to discuss Rule #3 of Dating For Dummies with you. My matchmaker instincts kick in every time I see a couple or two people who look cute together. And sweethearts, don’t worry I’ll find you a solution for any kind of love problem you’re dealing with.

        Okayyy, so let’s talk about first dates. Nervous about what to wear, how to act, what to say?

        All you have to do is follow these steps. And since you’re all beginners, let’s take baby-steps and in the end you’ll be all able to act perfectly like Cinderella at the ball.

        One more thing is never; I mean never, judge a boy or girl by his or her appearance. Appearances are so deceiving and you can find a girl who dresses in homeless-grandma-style but she turns out to be the sweetest, awesomest person on earth or you can find a girl dressed in a princess outfit and she turns out to be the most evil of them all. (Even more evil than the witch herself).

        And also boys can be misjudged, a boy who has many tattoos and has a kind of bad boy aura around him can be the most caring gentleman, and a handsome guy can be a rude, judging and arrogant. In all cases, appearances are not the most important thing of a date. Usually, the most attractive persons have the bitchiest personality. Not all of them do, just most of them. And I’m not just saying that. I know some of these people.

        The most important thing about first dates is to ‘be yourself’. First dates often are the key to a relationship, if the first date was a failure; he or she won’t go out with the same person again. Girls, just be your selves and don’t be afraid of anything, if the guy doesn’t like you back, then it is his lost and don’t waste any second to try to impress him with something you are not. Boys don’t like fake girls who act as someone whom they’re not.

        They like the honest and straight-to-the-point kind of girls who aren’t afraid to talk their opinions just because they’re afraid to be judged. As for boys, don’t need to act as ‘bad boys’ the girls are most likely attracted to. In reality, bad boys are the ones who do bad things like illegal stuff, steal, and smoke weed or do drugs. (Yuck!) Just be your truly selves and voilà! The magic is in the air.

        How to dress up for your first date? Here are some tips you can use or take advice of.

        For a girl, try something casual like jeans and a cute shirt. And don’t wear a lot of makeup, a little of mascara and a line of eyeliner with a touch of concealer will complete the look. Don’t need to paint your face like a circus clown.

         Usually, guys don’t take girls to a fancy place on the first date. And if your date wanted to take you to a fancy restaurant for example, just wear a nice dress and shoes. Again no need to paint your face. And for perfume, wear a nice fragment, and do not drown yourself with the whole bottle!

        For a boy, wear something hot, attractive or cute. A jersey jacket or a leather one will do with ripped jeans and converse along Ray-Ban shades. That is totally H.O.T. And don’t forget to wear a nice cologne. Girls love those.

Confused about what you’re going to discuss together? Here are some advices you should listen to.

        First of all, do not ever mention the weather. Most awkward conversations consist of talking about the weather. Like really people? Why does every awkward conversation on a date have to be about the weather?

        It will be like ‘So the weather is nice today…’ and the other reply with ‘indeed, the sky is blue and the sun is shining…’ and the conversation continues with ‘Wanna fly to the moon together?’ Okay maybe not. But believe me if the awkwardness continue, it will become more difficult to get rid of it.

        On your date, get to know each other, ask the other about their interests and what they like to do in their free time. It’s not the case to find what you have in common. I believe that opposes attracts. Not everyone is the same and it more exciting to date someone who has many different points of views and likes from you. Like taste of music, sports they enjoy, the subject they would like to study and many more. In the end, either you will choose to start a relationship or not. And if you are enjoying your date, time will pass quickly without even realizing it. And that will make it more enjoyable.

Are you a hopeless boy and you don’t know where to take your date?

        If so, you need to find out how to choose the perfect place to take her to. First dates do not have to be formal; I think that it’s boring to take a girl to a fancy restaurant on the first day. Even if it is impressing, but the first date needs to be fun and enjoyable and acting classy and formal is way too far from having fun. So be the perfect prince charming, and woo her with your magic.

        Somewhere simple yet romantic are the perfect place to spend a first date. A picnic near a nearby lake or going the movies together and even dinning at a small restaurant is acceptable. And most importantly the date is not about the place you are going to; it is about having fun with the person you’re going out with. So no need to be picky about it!

Are you nervous? Are your nerves eating your poor brain and heart out? Just listen to these tips and you’ll be ready in no time.

        Always remember that life is an experiment. The date can be the best date you’ll ever had or can be the worse. Have in mind that when you’re older, you will look back at these moments and either laugh at your stupidity or smile at the happy moments when your relationship worked out and you’re still dating that person.

        A date is like an adventure, you have to risk some nerves and push yourself to forget about the ‘what ifs’. Do not worry; your date isn’t a hungry gorilla or the brainless creature around, or the Kung Fu panda (That would be awesome!). After all, you chose to date that certain person.

Just say in your mind that ‘it is now or never’ and take a deep breath and allow all your insecurities to wash over your body and brain (If you have one).

How to have fun?

        Well, dearies that is the best thing. And I must say that I am an expert around that certain domain.

        To have fun is to forget all your worries behind and enjoy and treasure all the good memories you have lived for a while.

        Having fun on a date is the most important part on a date. Learn to let go.

        Share your true self with your date and make the happiest memories. Having fun also depends on the mood you’re in.  Imagine yourself frowning the whole time.

Share your hilarious experiences with your date, laugh at jokes you threw at each other and enjoy your time together.

And that lovelies was the third rule of Dating For Dummies. Would please vote and comment?