Chapter 5

A few weeks of being in Volterra was enough to show me just how much I had missed Alec and Jane. The three of us had been together, just catching up.

Jane had told me of her and her brothers powers, and for once, I was intimidated by them.

"So you can cause pain to anyone with just one look?" I had asked her.

She nodded, smiling proudly.

"I can deprive you of your senses." said Alec, pulling me to him.

I looked up at him, astonishment on my face. "Really?"

He smiled and nod, pride clear on his face.

"So you two are the most powerful on the guard?" I asked.

They smiled and nodded.

"What is your power?" Jane asked.

I thought for a minute of how to explain it before saying, "I guess it's a form of mind control. A friend of mine calls it seduction."

Alec looked at me. "Seduction?"

"Yes. I have to touch the person, and speak in a certain tone." I told him.

He nodded then smirked. "I wanna see it."

I looked up at him, kinda confused. "When?"

"How about we go hunting." Jane said, a smirk of her own playing on her lips.

I looked at them, my eye rows raised. "If Aro is okay with it."

"He will be." said Alec, standing up and walking to the door.

Me and Jane got up and followed him to the throne room. We walked in, and trailed behind Alec as he walked up to thrones.

"Ahhh, Alec. How may we help you?" asked Aro.

He grabbed Alec's hand and began reading his thoughts. He smirked when he got done.

"Why don't we just bring someone in for dear Maria?" he suggested.

Alec bowed slightly. "Master, my sister and I were wishing to see her use her power."

Aro's eyes widened slightly. "Why, yes, if that be the case, then yes, you may go out and hunt."

Alec nodded and bowed, before turning around and grabbing my arm gently. He lead me and Jane out of the throne room. We stopped by a receptions desk, and Alec pulled out three black cloaks. He handed on to me and Jane, then put on his own. I put on my cloak, even though my skin would've been fully covered.

We walked out of the castle and into the city streets. People flooded the streets of Volterra, and I could feel my throat begin to burn. I looked around, looking for the perfect prey. Excitement coursed through me as I saw a boy leaning against an alley wall. I smirked and nudged Jane, telling her and Alec to stand back.

I began walking to where the boy the boy was standing, feeling the stares of Jane and Alec on my back.

"Ciao a tutti belli." he said smiling.

I smiled, putting my arm on top of his. "Speak English. Italian's my worst language."

He smirked, pulling me toward him. "Anything for you, Angelo."

I heard a growl behind me and knew it was Alec.

I chuckled at him silently, before pulling away from the guy and leading him deeper into the alley. When we were finally to a secluded area, he began attacking my neck with kisses. I stood there, letting him have his last moments of fun.

"How old are you love?" he asked, his Italian accent thick.

"Too old for you." I said, as I sunk my teeth into his neck.

He began screaming, but I put my hand over his mouth. He thrashed in my arms for a few seconds, before his heart stopped. I pulled away from his neck, letting his body sink to the ground.

I heard Alec and Jane walk up shortly after. Alec wrapped his arms around me, growling when he smelt the boys scent on me.

"Alec, calm down love." I said.

"How can I when you have his scent all over you?" he asked, anger and frustration in his voice.

Jane rolled her eyes, turning around and heading back to the castle.

"I love you and only you. Do you not understand that?" I asked Alec.

He sighed loudly. "Yes, I know you do. It just angers me when I see other men around you."

I caressed his cheek, pulling his lips too mine.

"Your the only man I've ever wanted. I swear to that."