Chapter 4

We arrived in Volterra, and Jane and I were already catching up.

"Where have you been all these years?" asked Jane.

"Traveling the world. I'm not sure how I didn't find you earlier." I answered.

She smiled. "We'll at least we've found each other."

There was a silence between the two of us, as we walked to the throne room. It wasn't really an uncomfortable silence, it was peaceful.

We made it to the throne room, and Jane opened the big double doors for us to go in. We walked inside to see Aro, Caius, and Marcus sitting on their thrones. The guard was standing over to the side. I noticed Alec out of the corner of my eye, and fought the urge to run up and hug him. Ever since the almost-battle, he has stared at me. He never says anything, just stares.

I walked up to Aro, bowing my head slightly in respect. He smiled and stood up, walking towards me.

"Maria, my dear, would you please introduce yourself to our guard and my brothers?" he asked, a smile in his voice.

I nodded my head and turned to the other leaders. "My name is Maria Parkins. It's a honor to meet you all."

Alec growled slightly me.

"Alec, do you have something to say?" Aro asked, pretending to be confused.

"Where did you hear that name?" Alec sneered at me.

I looked him up and down, before looking into his eyes. "It's the name my mother and father gave me."

He narrowed his eyes. "What were their names?"

"Mary and Andrew Parkins. I had two little sisters, Kimmy and Louise Parkins. My father was on the church council, and my mother stayed at home and took care of us and the house. Any more questions Alecxander?"

He flinched when I used his full name.

"Master....may I be excused?" he asked Aro.

Aro nodded, and Alec quickly left.

"Follow him." I heard a deep, depressed sounding voice say.

I turned to see Marcus nod his head encouragingly to me. I smiled and nodded, running off after Alec.

I followed Alec's scent out to a garden. It was beautiful. Their were followers of all sorts of shapes, sizes, and colors everywhere. I was amazed. I followed the scent, until I found him sitting by a large fountain. It was directly in the middle of the garden, and had flowers surrounding it.

I walked up to him, sitting by his.

"Are you really her? Are you really my Maria?" he asked after a few seconds.

"Yes, my love." I answered.

He turned to me, cupping my cheek in his hand.

"I thought you were dead." he said, bringing his forehead to mine.

"I thought you were." I said, leaning into his hand.

We just say there, breathing in each others scent. Clinging onto each other in fear the other would disappear. After a few seconds, Alec slowly leaned down, pressing his lips to mine. I smiled, kissing him back. A few seconds of us softly kissing, soon turned into minutes of us fighting for dominance.

Alec had never been this way with me as a human. But then again, kissing and holding hands was almost a sin back then unless you were married. Times have changed, and now it's just routine to 'make out' as humans call it.

After 'making out' for a few minutes, Alec pulled away.

"I missed you so much love." said Alec.

I smiled. "I meant it when I said forever."