Masked Love 4

==================== 

Hey, guys and gals. Sorry for the long wait but I was grounded, heck im not even supposed to be online right now but whatever. So I know I spent like 3 now 4 chapters on the first night but I promise the next one it will end. Well.... Enjoy! Comment/Vote/Fan. (Oh, and if there are any mistakes, i am sorry but im in a hurry, as you can or cant tell hehe)

Chapter 4- No Shit

I opened my eyes and peeked at my left, from the corners of my eyes, catching a glimpse of silver hair. I rolled my eyes and closed my eyes, ignoring the form of existence that stood close by.

As much as I wanted to pay no attention to the Prince, it was hard when I could feel those eyes watching me, taking me in and playing with my image. I just found it hard to think about something else other than the fact that the Prince was right next to me.

"You know, some people will find it rude not to reply," he added, and I sighed, crossing my arms, hugging my bare arms once more. Should I reply to him? Will he go away, if I don't? Or will he stay stubborn, standing right there until I said something?

"Yes, but what business, is it of yours on whether if its too cold for me to be out here. I chose to be out here by free will and not even you of high importance could convince me to go back inside," I snapped. It just came out, totally unintentionally but the whole point of my being out here, was to get away from the Ball, from him, so why couldn't he understand?

"Touché and that may be perhaps but you don't what I could do," he replied, his statement almost sounding like a threat.

"What? Send me home? By all means, just do that. I'll gladly accept the favor," I said, opening my eyes now. I turned slightly to face him. He looked dashing as ever, his magazine shoots not comparing to right now. He leaned against the banister, facing me, his left leg tucked behind his right, his arms crossed. The wind blowing his hair to the right, making it look like snow that didn't want to fall. His eyes held a spark of amusement, matching with his smirk, his red lips found itself to.

"Would you?" he probed. I don't know where he was going with this but I didn't want to give in. I was well known for my pride. I shrugged turning all the way around to face the city of Paris. The city of lights. It was amazing, I thought. Who knew so many lights could be set up? And they matched perfectly with the sky, which was now coming to its rest, changing its color. The moon was already suspended in the sky, it taking on the shape of a crescent.

"It's beautiful," I breathed to myself. I bent down, resting my arms on the cold cherry wood. Then I felt something light but obviously fabric drape around my shoulders. I inclined my head to my left to see the Prince's tuxedo jacket covering my arms. It smelled good to. Like Ivory soap and marigolds, my favorite flowers, ironically. It was nice gesture but it would lead him nowhere. I looked up to see watching me with an intense fixated gaze. What was he staring at? Did I have something on my face?

"Isn't it? And its mine, or it will be," he said, like almost as an afterthought. I watched as he studied Paris, lights displayed in his pupils. Right then, I saw a different Prince. A Prince with actual feelings who looked like he was in a trance, that involved him think about something relevant. Or that is how it looks like? "May, I ask the name of the beautiful Miss?"

That very comment or question shouldn't have brought heat to my cheeks, or make me feel fluttery inside but it did. Was my mind totally different from my body? I contemplated on staying silent, not justifying his question with an answer for the way he just made me feel. But it would be useless and he would find a way to learn my name. Ask anybody, maybe Fallip, if he knew him.

"Isabella Lighte, but I liked to be called just Bella," I told him, still watching him, his dark eyes seemed to lighten with pleasure.

"What a pretty name to fit such a pretty girl," he complimented. It took all my willpower not to smile on the outside but on the inside I was jumping up with glee. How long could I keep this front up with his flattery? But then I remembered my laid-out plan and now was the time to make my point across.