Becoming a Fugative

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you."
Tyrion Lannister

Cassandra Austin had finally done it, she had become a hero that her parents would have been proud of. She helped save the city from a threat that she had seen coming, and now there were more threats to come. After saving the world she decided to stay in New York and live in the Avengers tower. But living with a playboy philanthropist, a doctor with an anger issue and a man who was out of time, was hard on her. She spent her days wondering the city and nights training with Steve Rogers. The two of them were becoming very friendly and Tony was starting to see something between the two.
One night Cassandra is plagued by her visions and she asks a big favour of Steve. He agrees to this favour and that's what causes Tony to try and push the two of them together. It gets too much for Cassandra and she makes a huge mistake, that she regrets and causes her to leave the tower and leave behind the one friend she had.
Living in Washington, she decided to go back to working for SHIELD, going on the occasional mission and eventually making a new friend with someone who doesn't work there. But one day it all changes when the one person she thought she wouldn't see again comes rolling back into her life. The two of them are sent on the run when the integrity of SHIELD is put into question and whether they had anything to do with the damage it caused.
Finding out the truth is all they want, and they are sent on a hunt that leads them to a discovery that turns everything around for Steve Rogers. When they decide to fight this new threat they start to question their feelings for one another and realize there just may be something between the star spangled man with a plan and the physic energy blasting girl.

<<<Authors Note>>>
So here it is book two of my Emerald series. It is loosely based on the plot of Captain America: Winter Solider, only things changed are where I needed to fit in my new character and indulge into her more. I do not own any Marvel characters, only Cassandra Austin, Alex Stacy, and Vanessa Hughes. I hope you all enjoy this story, and if you want to know more about Cassandra read Book one Becoming a Hero.  Thanks for checking it out.

*Alyssamck1*