Chapter 6 *The unexpected*

*Hey guys- Updated ya!! Soooo enjoy OK? Love ya<3*

Chapter 6 *The Unexpected*

Bethany's pov

It was a rainy day. Thunder crackled and broke the silence.

I was standing in front of the windowsill, eyeing the outside world.

Where I live, there's not much of houses and civilization around. There's just forest.

It was fantasizing to think that I could make it out the attic, unharmed, and out the forest alive.

I gulp.

Why was everything so impossible? Did I do something wrong to deserve this?

Just as the lightning light vanished, the door bursts open.

I held my breath, knowing what was coming.

"Trying to escape out the window ehhh?" She chuckles.

"What? No!" I stammer.

I hear her steps as she makes it towards me. My heart is pounding inside my chest, making it harder to breath. I find myself paralyzed with fear.

Her bony fingers grip my arm. I flinch under her touch. She pulls me around, so I was facing her.

As soon as our gazes locked, she slapped me. I winced, holding my cheek.

"Never, ever lie to me again!' She snapped.

I nodded, my eyes widening.

I noticed she didn't try anything else. I eyed her suspiciously which earned another slap.

Her beady eyes glared down at me, and I noticed the smirk plastered on her face.

What was going on?

"There is... going to be a change tonight..." Her smirk widened.

Suddenly she has me, locked in her sturdy body. Her nails creating small holes in my arm. I was then dragged out the attic.

I had a weird feeling clinging to me.

We passed corridors and halls and other rooms. My eyes were scanning through portraits hanging on the walls. There was a picture of me, with some boys. One, I noticed, brought a spark of memory in me. I've seen him before... The chocolate brown eyes...

A tug at my wrist, shook me off my daze.

We stopped on a door. Judging by the flowery designs on the wooden frame, this was my room...

Why was she bringing me here? Was she taking me back? My heart leaped.

I was brutally shoved inside, my face hitting the marble floor. I snap around, in time to see the door being locked. The smirk she had been wearing kept replaying in my head.

She placed me here, so was she letting me stay? But why did she lock the door?

I turn around and stare in amazement at my room. Four years of my absence and it looks just like the last time I saw it. Wait? Am I recovering my memory?

Suddenly I jump, remembering I was alone in this room with my mother. My hands trembled by my side. Why did she take me here? My mom takes long confident strides towards me.

"Hello my dear Bethany." I cringed at my name. She hasn't used it since she locked me up. "You're probably wondering what you're doing here. Well I finally found something useful for you." Before I had time to understand what she meant, a man around his thirties approached us. How did he get in here?

Mom smirked at me, before walking out the room. I looked at the man next to me, a sinister grin plastered on his sickening face. I gulp, looking around the room trying to find something to defend myself with.

Before I had a chance to make a move, his hand gripped me by the hair, shoving me against his chest. I screamed, scrunching my nose in pure disgust.

"Let go of me!" I shrieked, grabbing a lamp next to me and slamming it against his face. He fell with a thump on the ground.

I was panting for breath, by then. I race to the door, kicking it and banging it! I crawl next to the guy, noticing he has a pair of keys in his hand and a stalk of twenties. I gasp knowing what my mom had planned. Quickly I take the keys and race out the door!

I run faster, my feet kicking my butt. My breath coming in sharp painful yelps. It was hard finding the exit, but I managed to spot it, in the kitchen in the next hall.

As I was about to dart towards the door, someone gets a hold of my hair, and I'm being dragged towards the unknown.

"Thought you could escape ehhh?" Mom sneered.

I let out a wail, as she yanks at my strands of hair.

I find myself being shoved into the attic, once more.

"You stupid girl! You ruined everything! Now you have to pay!" Mom growled.

I whimper, taking a step back, my back hitting the wall.

I'm not sure if it was my imagination playing tricks on me or what, but I felt the eyes of a familiar stranger watching us beneath the darkness.

Was it the kitten?

Something shiny caught my attention. A knife!

"Mom no, please you-" I begged.

The breath was sucked out of me, as the blade impacted my chest.

I heard it.

The full speed pattern, raking at my chest.

And I felt it.

The stinging pain that sucked the life out of me.

I saw the red liquid plastered at my chest, running to the floor. I heard the crackling of evil laughter, then she left, a smirk still on her face. My head was throbbing, my body was aching.

Everything got blurry, and I began sinking into my knee's.

The pain crushed me, and I let out a small cry, before collapsing on the floor, with lack of blood.

My watery eyes were only half open, but enough to make out an object, slowly making it's way towards me.

I couldn't move anymore, for my body was paralyzed with fear and pain.

I was scooped up, off the ground, bridal style. His arms were sturdy and strong.

The last thing I remember was being taken by a figure darting out the window...

___________________________

*So you like it?

plz comment and support I'm loosing inspiration! :) bye bye my lovelies<3 *