Chapter 10 *vanity*

Chapter 10

Bethanys pov

"I'll prepare the tub." Spider-Man told me and walked off into another tunnel. So unusual, I ponder in thought.

Suddenly the kitten appeared in my thoughts. I began wondering how the kitten was doing. A little fear entered my heart, to know he is all alone. I better tell Spider-Man to go look for him. Why not? Or maybe I should.

"Birdie come on." I hear Spider guys call, and I almost feel drawn to his voice. Ooh creepy . I trudge towards the tunnel he had entered and hesitantly go inside. Spider-Man should just use regular doors, in my opinion. When I exited the weird tunnel, I was welcomed with another hall. How big is this place?

Finally I decided to just take this place as it comes, unless it was too idiotic. But then again, everything about this place is idiotic.

"Over here." I follow Spider-mans voice towards a medium sized room, at the end of the tunnel. Was this a maze or what?

"Why can't you just have a normal home?" I ask, curiosity prickling inside me. Nowadays 'curiosity killed the cat,' was only an old quote. I step forward, just enough to see Spider-Man pouring some kind of ointment in a porcelain tub.

"What's that?" I poke my head inside the bathroom.

"What's what?" Spider-Man looks up at me.

"That liquid you poured in the water. Are you trying to poison me?"

"Birdie girl, if I was planning on poisoning you, I would've done that before you ate. Why would I waste food to a to-be-deceased-little girl?"

"Oh right." I mentally thumped myself. Maybe I was the crazy person here.

"Now go take a bath. I brought a some boxer shorts and a Spider-Man fan shirt." He winks at me.

"Ha very funny." I roll my eyes.

Spider-Man walks out the door, leaving me to my vanity. I did a happy dance. Finally time for me, myself, and I. I relax my shoulders before stripping out of my baggy clothes. If it can even be called that. I dip my foot in the soothing water. Goosebumps spread throughout my small body. Oh how good it felt. I could almost melt away with the water.

Bethany compose yourself.

I slide in the tub, stunned by how nice the water felt. God, I wish I could stay like this forever. I scrub away all the grime that had accumulated over the past years along with the smell. When the grime is off, my olive color skin appears. It's as if I'm born again.

I start washing my hair. It was indeed a screwed up mess. I put on a random shampoo that smelled kind of manly. Oh great. At least it was better than nothing. After I'm done showering I dreadfully got out and dry myself with a towel that was clinging on the sink.

I slide unto the pale red boxers that were also on the sink. Spider-Man wasn't kidding about the fan shirt. It was actually kind of childish. A small version of Spider-Man standing like some sort of God. Imagination these days. I walk out the bathroom, still unsure of where to go. Calm down Bethany. I count to ten before taking a step to the left.

Hmm, odds are that it could lead me to the main entrance. So I sprint towards a tunnel leading me to some odd room. It was kind of old and rusty. Spiderwebs lingered here and there. But by now I was getting kind of used to it. Pictures were hanging on the walls. Faces of missing children and under them was yet the same picture yet said 'found dead' . I shiver. Did Spider-Man have it in his heart to blame himself for all these children's that he never found? Surely not. He doesn't have time to be sad or remorseful or feel guilty. Maybe he was still looking for me. But I was right under his nose.

_______________

Vote , comment , fan <3