two

Sataki

I stand in a field surrounded by trees, channeling chakra into my palm for a jutsu. Sweat drops down my face as I focus. "I need to keep breathing and focus." I stated out loud. Yep, I have this problem where anytime I try to do a jutsu, I hold in my breath. I wipe my forehead before channeling chakra again.

I decided a break was in order and began meditating. As I do so, my mind drifts.

'I wonder if it's the amount of chakra I am putting that makes it so difficult. Also, will Kushina-san be making her famous food again, or will I have to watch Minato-san as he cooks in his pink apron again? Hmm, I need someone to spar with me soon.'

Even if it's only been a few months since we got our teams, I have already made a formidable sparing partner, Guy. Speaking of which, here he comes. I stood up to greet him and continue my training.

"Sataki, my youthful friend, wanna have a race?" Guy was again trying to challenge me. I was focusing on a jutsu I have been trying out. I had seen Kakashi do this and wanted to see if I could do it too. It was seemingly difficult as I didn't have an affinity in lightning.

"Give me a sec, kay?" I said trying it one last time before deciding to stop since it once again didn't work. I was actually in a good mood because I could feel that I was getting close to doing it.

So, I decided that I would take up Guy on his offer. I needed a way to stay in shape anyway. "Here's the rules, bushy brows. We are to run all around Konoha without going on the rooftops. Stay on the ground. No chakra boosts either. First one to make it through wins."

He had anime tears running down his face as I explained the rules. Needless to say, he was hyped about this race. "Deal, my youthful rose." We stood next to each other as a realization hit me.

"Eh, so I'm a rose now?" I asked. Before he could answer I spoke up again. "Ready." He snapped back to focus. He was actually a great friend and an excellent sparing partner. "Go!" And we were off.

It felt good to run. I effectively dodged people in the busy streets flipping over a wooden table a couple of civilians were moving. I ran past posts, and people trying to get out our way. I could hear Guy laugh behind me as I could feel my lungs burn with the familiar sensation. I was smiling as I felt the gust of wind blowing in past my face.

Every object, every movement, every person we passed by I ran past with ease. I took a chance to look in the corner of my peripheral to see Guy with his grin on his face causing me to laugh. Yep, he was definitely a formidable opponent not to take lightly, no matter how difficult it is to see that.

When we reached near the end we were still neck to neck, he was right behind me the whole time. I still won though. As we skidded to a stop Guy spoke. "2 to 0. I need to step up my game."

"We've only just begun our game of challenges, bushy brows. Don't be so hard on yourself." I told him trying to catch my breath with my hands on my knees.

What I didn't realize, though was that Minato was watching me race with Guy from a distance pondering on telling me or not about him leaving on a new mission.

We were still gasping for breath when I finally sensed his chakra, but as soon as I looked in his direction he was gone. I smiled knowing why he was there. "Good luck on your mission, Minato."

The war sucked. People died left and right. When your loved ones leave, you never know if they'll come back or not. I hate wars. I was pacing left and right in my room that afternoon worried sick. Even more so than Kushina-san, which I've made the mistake in thinking she was his friend, but I was wrong. Turns out, they're married.