Chapter 1: Blake

"Hey Blake, you have everything packed up for your sleepover?" Yelled mom, "yes mom," I replied. I have no idea what the big deal about this sleepover is! I mean, sure it's my first unisex sleepover but who the hell cares? I guess mom thinks I'm going to kiss someone but I'm not, I'm only thirteen, jeez. Anyway, my names Blake and I live on nantucket island in a medium sized house that smells like sea foam with a hint of rosemary on account of the huge plant we have outside our front door. The date is September seventh 2014 and today me and my six other friends Alyssa, Nicholas, Benjamin, Jennifer, Marylyn, and Marcus are having a last days of summer sleepover as school starts the ninth and we'll all be going to different schools. I wish some went to mine, the nantucket lighthouse school but they all go to either Cyrus pierce or the new school. It's been a good summer and hopefully this memory of the final sleepover will stay in my head until the next one.

As I sit here on our military green sofa waiting for Christie, Nicholas's mom, to pick me up I reflect on the summers events as if I were experiencing them all over again, the carnival, the beach party, the pool party at Marylyn's house, the countless times we went into town together, but most of all I think of the night we just went to Jennifer's house randomly because the carnival had been rained out that day. That sense of connection and the laughs echoing inside of the small shed where we stayed for hours on end were all heard and felt again. I just wish I had more to reflect on because the amount of memories seems so small, I just wish something huge would happen in there last couple days before school.

A few moments later, Christie pulled into our driveway and I grabbed my bag, gave my mom a hug and kiss goodbye, and ran out to the car to meet my friends. " hi nick," I said as I clambered into their black jeep, "hello Blake," he replied. Nick had dark brown hair and glasses and was about five foot nine. As the car rolled away and drove to the house nick and I discussed plan eps for the sleepover and the impending school year. When we got to the house we went inside and their dog snowy jumped up on me as if to give me an over ecstatic hello but he was scolded as dogs should remain on four feet not two! As I ventured further into the house nicks sister Chloe greeted me and asked where the others were. I replied with a simple "I don't know they must be running late." After we had settled in downstairs in the basement, we heard Christie yell down, "Nicholas, Jennifer and Benjamin are here!" Jennifer and Benjamin always drove together, and always did stuff together without any of the other friends knowing. It wasn't a problem for me, it just proves they are good friends. Jennifer was about five foot six with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, she was also super skinny. Benjamin was about five foot six with a messy head of chestnut hair and green eyes, he was also very skinny and was unhealthily obsessed with planes, whenever he saw or even heard a plane he would stop and look up, dumbfounded trying to find the plane and when he did he would yell the name at the top of his lungs. It got annoying after the first month but he hasn't stopped. They descended the staircase and said their hellos and we sat and waited for the others.

Within the next half hour everyone had shown up and we were all just talking in the basement. The basement had hardwood floors with white wallpaper with a TV Stanton with an xbox 1 and a wii u with a high definition flat screen tv hanging above it. To the right there was a rise of cabinets full of video games and baskets full of toys and dress up articles from long ago. To the left there is a door leading into their storage room. As I turn my head to view the familiar landscape note again I see the familiar boxes of lego of witch we used to play with for hours on end, now we play with them for little flecks of time. It's great to be down here with some close friends if mine, but Benjamin wants to go upstairs to Nicholas's room so we follow them there.