Chapter 11💗

(Verity's P.O.V)

Ross held my hand as we waited to be called in. "Have you been feeling alright?" By that, he meant if I had been locking myself in the bathroom again after last night. "Yes. I'm ok.. still on edge, but I'm ok." You're so lying to yourself. Your baby is so unhealthy..." "Verity Foster?" A nurse stood near the hospital room. "Yes. That's me."

She sorted me out and got her stick and started moving it around on my stomach. Hearing the heartbeat.. I nearly cried! "Look.. our little baby." Ross seemed really happy. 'I can tell you that you're about 23 weeks now." The nurse gladly asked if we wanted to know the gender. "Would you like to know Ross?' I squeezed his hand. 'I'd love to know.' The nurse said that we are having a boy. 'Yes! Aw.. I'm so happy.' The nurse cleaned the gel off my stomach. 'You may feel a few twinges in your stomach.. if you feel like you're going into labour, just ring an ambulance..' I sat up on the bed. Ross started helping me. 'How are you getting on with eating?' I didn't know what to say.. 'One day I'm hungry, the next day, I don't feel like I'm pretty, or beautiful..' The nurse mentioned if I had attended another session in the support group.  'The truth is, I haven't. I just can't seem to stop hiding away.' I just ran out of the hospital room. 

I walked back towards the car, feeling so empty on the inside. I should just raise this baby on my own like I planned. I went to sit in the car. I had 2 missed calls from Anna. I returned them. Hearing the dial tone just made me so nervous.. 'Hiya. How did your scan go?' I took a deep breath... keeping the tears at bay. 'It went ok. I just want to go home..' Anna then asked me what was wrong. 'Ross is just staring at me.. I didn't want to talk about it. About my eating, I'm just tired..' Anna just comforted me. 'I know you are. You're carrying his child. He may just want to know why you're upset." I said I would call her back. He jumped back into the car, started driving... I felt the speed increase.. my stomach was killing me.. "Ross! Slow down!" He didn't hear me. I was really starting to feel the baby kicking now. I saw little spots of water on my hands.. "Ross!!! Stop!!!"

Eventually, the car stopped.. I saw Moira walking. "Help me!" Moira ran over, asking me what was wrong.. "I think I'm going into labour.." She asked where it hurt. "My back..." I had to stay strong. Ross got out of the car... walking away from me. "He kept driving.. so fast.." I eventually passed out. "Ambulance please!!" I felt Moira's hand on mine..

(Moira's P.O.V)
I saw Ross walking away near to the garage. "ROSS! DON'T WALK AWAY!" He turned, looked at me... "She doesn't need me. I'm not a good person." I rang Graham. "On my way." Once the ambulance had arrived.. Graham came running up. "What happened?" I stood there.. explaining.

"He'll never see her again." The ambulance team asked if she was my daughter. "No. She's mine. She's about 37 weeks pregnant." Moira said that she passed out. "I'll take the car back. You go with your daughter to the hospital."

Once Graham had gone with Verity, I got into Ross's car and drove back to the house. "Ross?!" I found him, sat on the sofa.. with a bottle of whisky in his hand. "Do you not understand what you've done?! You could of killed your girlfriend and your unborn child. He drank more... something happened. He wouldn't do this for no reason. "I don't wanna talk. Verity and that baby don't need me."

I couldn't work out what was up. I then spotted some painkillers and a bag of powder. "Now you've figured it out, you can leave." I couldn't believe it. He went back to his old ways.. underneath, he was hurting.

"I'll be at the hospital. Comforting your girlfriend." I left, made my way to the hospital.. figuring out how the hell I was going to tell Verity.