one last letter

saturday - 1:34 a.m.

i did a bad thing and i fear i'm about to do even more bad things.

i did it when you and i were looking after poppy yesterday.

you were trying out hairstyles for her to wear during her recital when you ran out of bobby pins and clear elastics. you asked me to run up to your room and get some, so i did.

i searched everywhere. i was trying to find bobby pins and hair elastics but i found something else that i was probably not meant to find.

i found your letters. i never knew what you kept in that old wooden box, but now i do.

so with that i guess i should say i'm sorry. i'm sorry because i'm going to have to break my promise of not breaking your heart because by the end of this letter, i probably would have already.

i love you, aidey. so much. and i'm so sorry to have to hurt you like this but i know you'll be happier with him-so much happier.

i took your letters, aide.

they aren't with me anymore though, i gave them to eli. i think he needs to see them.

but you know i read a few of them before i did...

and even if they all ended with i hate you-i know you loved him or love him more than you loved me.

i'm going to miss driving you home and picking you up everyday. i'm going to miss playing games with poppy and watching tv at your place. i'm going to miss your mom's cooking and falling asleep next to you. i'm going to miss our midnight calls and kisses. i'm going to miss holding you in my arms and calling you mine.

fuck, i'm going to miss you-everything about you. everything that has to do with you.

i really didn't want to hurt you this way.

but oh god aide, you hurt me.

but somehow i'm too fucking in love with you to even be the slightest of angry.

i think i'll always love you.

goodbye, aidey.

- nick

p.s.

don't forget! i love you!

p.p.s.

i'm on the way to your house at nearly two in the morning. i'm sneaking in ((with the key you gave me)) and placing my letter in your box so hopefully you'll see.

p.p.p.s.

i'll leave the key too.

p.p.p.p.s.

i miss you already.

-

author's note:

fun fact: after i proof read this chapter my heart actually broke. nick bb owww :(

this is the last chapter btw!!!

xoxo,

daisy

p.s.

i'm kidding there's an epilogue