the seventh

saturday - 1:13 a.m.

it was nick throwing rocks at my window. when i peeped through the curtains he gestured for me to come down so i did.

it was only when i got out of the door that i realized that i was wearing my flannels. i closed my eyes in embarassment and you know what nick said? he said i looked cute. you would've never said that.

"i just wanted to give you my mixtape. i thought since you liked the songs you might wanna listen to them over the weekend." he said to me, handing over the cd.

i thanked him. he pulled me in for a tight hug and i enjoyed it, but you know what happened next?

he kissed me.

and i kissed him back.

after, i quickly ran back up the stairs and broke down on the backside of my door.

i cried because you probably won't even remember half of tonight. i cried because on monday we'd go back to pretending like we were never friends or more than that. i cried because i like nick. i cried because nick kissed me and i couldn't even be happy about it because of you.

do you see it now? you fucking ruin everything.

i hate you.

Aide

p.s.

i have so much more to say but i'd rather stay up and listen to the mixtape nick gave me rather than write a letter to some guy who won't even remember giving me a hug.

-

author's note:

I SHIP IT

also, this is dedicated to lily because i'm in love with infinite dreams. :) 

xoxo,

daisy