Chapter Five - Chasing Dreams

August 28

Dear Diary,

Niall’s birthday is coming soon enough. I want to give him something… a little gift from me to help him remember me by. I don’t know just yet but I’ll think of something. We’re watching a drama movie right now in the lobby of the nursing home. I’m at the back cause I usually stand up too often. Niall’s in front of me – completely sinking into the movie as all the other people around me. My sister’s dabbing her tears every now and then. I try to hide my smiles at her so that I wouldn’t be in any kind of trouble later.

Niall’s POV

I stared at the screen of my laptop.

The “submit” and “cancel” button both gave me a reason to think about this. I’ve already passed the test and they waited for my reply. At first, I said yes without thinking it over. Now, I’m regretting it. I didn’t expect that change in my life to come that is Liam. And now I’m seriously considering cancelling the slot I have in the university in the US because of this.

I’ve only been with Liam for a while now and I don’t want to leave him so soon. I’m not good with long distance relationships as proven with those thirteen years of not seeing him. I feel like I’m Bella Swan right now – I know that I have to get a life and chase my dreams but the one I love is making it hard for me to decide whether to be okay with living thousands of miles away from him.

I’ve already rid of being insecure of myself. All those side comments about me at parties Louis and Harry force me to come with them I throw at my back now. My reasons would be that one: it wasn’t worth sulking for, and two: why should I care? For all I know they’re the ones who are insecure when I show up at their parties with my arms wrapped around Liam. I knew those girls are jealous and hated the fact that the handsome boy chose me instead of them and their slutty selves.

My eyes kept still on the screen. One button was waiting for me to push them and I couldn’t decide which. Call me an idiot but I just can’t finalize my decision. Finally, I moved the cursor to the submit button but then, Liam appeared behind me.

“What’cha doin’, Nialler?”

I quickly closed the browser. I didn’t want him to know about this. Wait, did I click on the button? Shit. I think I didn’t but I hope I did. I closed my laptop and answered him without turning my head, “Nothing.”

“Give me that laptop, Niall…”

I turned around. Liam wore a suspicious expression on his face. “Why?”

“If you’re not hiding something, then it wouldn’t be a bother to let me see your laptop.”

“I have rights, you know…”

“Really? Would I be violating those rights if I do this?”

From behind the couch, he jumped at me making me fall down the couch underneath him. His hands ran down my body until I realized he was on to something – my laptop. “You can’t have it, Liam.” I growled. He raised an eyebrow, “Is that so, Mr. Horan?” I narrowed my eyes at him. “Yes, that is so.” Liam lustfully stared at me and licked his lips. “Not even when I do this?”

His lips crashed against mine, feeling the warmth of his mouth when I gladly opened my own and let his tongue skillfully play with mine. I wanted to let go of my grip on my laptop and unbutton his shirt but I restrained myself. Liam’s not gonna win this time. His hand trailed further down and slipped itself into my pants, earning Liam a groan from me when he grabbed my erection. “Liam, stop it… don’t – ah!”