Prologue - A Diary In the Library

The story that follows is pure fiction…

A student walked through the halls of the public library in their city of San Francisco. It was the first week of February and their subjects in school had a load of homework piled up on all its students. From his pocket he fished out his wallet and checked if the two tickets were still there.

With a sigh of relief, seeing that the two concert tickets were still there - one for him and one for his best friend who got him hooked up on this new boyband from the UK - he tucked them gently back into his wallet and stuffed it back into his pocket and made his way to get some books for his homework.

As he was browsing the geography section, there was a thin book that caught his eye. He grabbed it and found out that it wasn't a book about geography but a diary instead. He flipped the pages, finding the penmanship very nice and he thought it was a girl's diary.

A piece of paper tucked in it fell to the floor and he picked it up. It was the same nice handwritting but it told him that it was a boy's diary and not a girl's. But this time it was a bit hurried and he could tell that by the smudges on the sides of the paper.

Maybe it was some sort of secret notebook about strange secret societies or a diary retelling the tales of creatures that only existed in TV shows he watches? But as he read the note, it told him to expect something else:

To whoever has found my diary,

Hey there! I have been writing in these here diary since my English teacher in third grade, Mr. Lambhur (I know, it’s a weird name) had us write stuff about our daily lives. This diary’s special to me in a way you wouldn’t imagine. To be clear to you, I’m a guy and I’m married.

I left this diary in the public library so that I can share with you the story of two amazing people. Ever since that day at the nursing home, my life wasn’t the same again. It changed the way I looked at love and helped me find the one I will spend the rest of my life with, and I have to thank those two people for that.

Anyways, here it is. I hope you stay and read it till the very end.

Yours truly,

Zac Michaels