Chapter 3

“Come in.” I said. I looked up and saw John walk through the door. “Uh, Hey John.” “Hey Chloe, sorry I was such an ass earlier. You’ve got an arm there.” I smiled. “Thanks and apology accepted.” “So you have ever ridden a horse before?” “No, but I’ve seen them walking through Central Park. They don’t smell too nice though.” He laughed at that. “Well, mom bought a horse for you if you wanna come see it.” “Really?! I’ve always wanted a horse, but my dad would always ask where I was gonna put a horse in our apartment. Yeah, I’d love to see it! Wait, can you ride it?” He laughed again. “Yes, you can ride it. Come on, I’ll teach you.”

 I followed John out to the place where they keep the horses. I’m guessing it’s the barn. We walked up to a beautiful brown horse. “She’s beautiful.” I said. “Her name’s Babe.” John said. “I’ll be right back. I’m gonna get the saddle.” “Ok.” I said as I was petting Babe. “Alrighty.” John said. He was putting the saddle on. He led Babe out of the stable and onto the place I guess I’m gonna be riding Babe. “Alright, Put your foot here and lift yourself onto the horse. I’ll help you and no it’s not an excuse to touch your ass.” I laughed. I put my foot where John told me and almost got my other leg over. “Damn it!  This is harder than I though.” “You’ll get used to it. Try again.” I put my foot in the same spot and John put his hand on my ass and helped me get up. “I did it!!! And that was so an excuse for you to touch my ass!” I said smiling. “Alright maybe a little.” John said laughing. John led Babe the whole time. I rode Babe until Emma called us in for dinner. I helped John put Babe back in the stable thing.

 “So what’s dinner like in your house.” I said. “ Oh you’ll see.” John said laughing and then ran away. He suddenly stopped then turned to me. “I’ll race you back to the house.” He said with a smile. “You’re on.” “You sure? Everyone’s on the porch. Are you sure you wanna lose in front of everyone?” I looked up and saw everyone on the front porch. I smiled. “ We’ll see who loses.” “Alright, first person to touch the porch wins. Ready, set , go!” And we were off I took off running at fast pace but not as fast as I can go. John was in the lead by a little. Once we were about 200 meters away I took off. I watched John’s face as I passed him and hit the porch first. I laughed and blew on my nails. “And that’s how you do it.” All the guys were making fun of John and high-fiving me. I laughed and walked inside.

“Can I help you with anything?” I asked Emma. “Oh thank you sweetie. Can you cut up this pepper?” “Of Course.” I said. “Oh thank you so much for the horse. You didn’t have to get me one.” “Oh it’s no problem. All the boys have one and your part of the family so you get one too. And I’d love to take you shopping!” I laughed. “I’d love that too.”

After dinner, I walked up to my room and read my book. There was a knock on my door. “Come in.” I said. Emma walked in. “Hi honey, are your ready for school tomorrow?” “Oh! I completely forgot. Thanks for reminding me.” We talked for a while and then I went to bed.

Author’s Note:

So Chloe starts school tomorrow. What do you think. Please comment and vote. Love you!