Chapter2-Our Tree House

All Rights Reserved

Hey guys I started working on this story again I sorta lost inspiration the first time but I’m trying to work on this story under special request:p (you know who you are and you so owe me) So here goes nothing. Oh and btw if anyone has any ideas for the story I’d love to hear them just private message me:)

Oh and im updating cause i got the three votes i asked for in the last chapter!

Now on to the story(for real this time)

Conflicting Interest- Chapter 2

*********************************************************************************************************************

“Come on Cameron you can’t kill him… it was an accident” I told him lacking something better to say.

“He left you alone passed out in a field at night and you expect me not to hurt him?? You know me much better than that” his jaw was clenched and his knuckles were white on the steering wheel. He was trying so hard to stay calm he never gets mad unless its really serious and he knows his anger scares me. I wasn’t concerned at all about Brent getting hurt, what worried me was what would happen to Cameron if he beat the life out of Brent, I knew he could Brent is an awful fighter. He’s plenty muscular but that’s all he depends on, his brute strength, he has no technique and goes for the obvious blow. I could even beat him pretty well if I tried. I won’t though he’d kill me later. Brent would do the low thing if Cameron fought him and get all his friends after him. I couldn’t let him get hurt over me.

“If you define that as an accident I am glad you aren’t a judge or there would be even more murderers on the street” he said.

“You know how he is, especially when he’s high he doesn’t mean it” I said trying to convince myself of my own words.

“He’s just as bad to you when he’s sober and you know it just as well as I do. You may have the school fooled and your parents fooled but you can’t trick me I know you all too well” he said not even glancing my way. I knew he wasn’t really the best boyfriend but I needed him, he was my support and he deserved better than me I should feel lucky to be with him considering he could have any girl he wanted at any school in the state, heck probably in America. Yet he chose me to love and I’m honored by that. Cameron definitely thought it the other way around.

“You could do so much better than that piece of sh*t and you know it Rach” he looked disappointed in me which hurt more than Brent’s actions tonight. Cameron could hurt me much more than Brent easily, all it would take is a few words. But I know he wouldn’t try to hurt me ever.

“So Brent isn’t perfect. Its kind of hard to find the perfect guy or even a good guy unless you know somewhere I can get one, maybe a perfect boyfriend-a-bear” a look crossed his face, maybe of pain, or disappointment. Whatever it was darkened my already sad mood and pulled it to depressed level. I wonder what I had said wrong? He went from angry to hurt faster than I could blink.

“I never knew it was so hard to find a decent guy Rachel, but you’d be surprised at what’s right in front of you” he said sadly. I began to think of all the guys at our school that he could possibly be talking about, all the good ones were taken or too friendly with Brent and I came up blank.

“Well I dunno who your talking about but I surly don’t see it” I told him.

“Just forget it, it doesn’t even matter” he said glancing out the corner of his eye to see me. Sometimes he confused me so much.

“Just answer this. Why do you go out with that douche bag when he treats you so badly? There are plenty of guys I know that could treat you like you deserve and you don’t even give them a chance” he said pulling onto a dirt road that lead to where we would go as kids. He knew better than to try to take me to my house. My parents would flip if I turnt up with him, they think he is trying to steal me from Brent, but it’s not like that it’s never been like that. They used to love Cameron like a son, before Brent came into the picture and I think he may have said bad things about him to my parents, he could brain wash people.